The most defensive tarantula you've had

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like the topic says. I think it would be interesting to know.

Mine was H. minax. She was more defensive than my P. muticus. Incredible spider. It's a shame I lost her to a bad molt. :(

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
L. klugi is the only one in my collection that has kicked hairs at me (while a 1 inch sling, funnily enough.) I hear that B. boehmei is a terrible kicker too...we'll see when it grows up.

Sorry if this is a boring answer...I only deal with NW terrestrials.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
L. klugi is the only one in my collection that has kicked hairs at me (while a 1 inch sling, funnily enough.) I hear that B. boehmei is a terrible kicker too...we'll see when it grows up.

Sorry if this is a boring answer...I only deal with NW terrestrials.
It isn't boring at all. NW's can be defensive too.

basin79

ArachnoGod
To be honest non of my T's are defensive. They all run back to their dens when startled/disturbed.

Some where defensive when I unboxed them but that's to be expected.

obie

Arachnosquire
My most defensive T I've ever owned was my P Irmina. But now he's gone so my most defensive T is my phormictopus sp green.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It was my L. difficilis right up until my B. smithi decided to cast off her manners along with her old exoskeleton.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Phlogius sp. "Black Presley", hands down. Nasty little witch.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Feisty girl in my avatar. She has slapped my hand more than once and is my only tarantula that will run at me when cleaning or watering. I dont know why, but she makes me laugh and I am really fond of her. Maybe that's why she's named after my better half :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Mine was H. minax. She was more defensive than my P. muticus. Incredible spider. It's a shame I lost her to a bad molt. :(

While i never was one to really bother my ts, in my experience the LV or OBT were the most defensive.
I will say im a firm believer that obt are actually downright AGGRESSIVE, as my big female would attack for no reason.
I could be approaching her enclosure and she would be biting the air dripping venom. That spider, particularly, was one to be respected and treated with caution

cold blood

Staff member
My most defensive T I've ever owned was my P Irmina. But now he's gone so my most defensive T is my phormictopus sp green.
+1

Easily P.irminia and P.cancerides....my 6" male is a total buttwad.

Magenta

Arachnosquire
My B. smithi will kick hairs if I just open her enclosure, or sometimes even moving an enclosure next to hers. I should note that I only have NW species, I have my doubts that I'll ever be comfortable with keeping OWs.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Well i always thought that it was my P. murinus or H.minax i once had but none of them can outcompete my Defensive as hell E.murinus heck i just have to touch her/his enclosure and i can be damn sure to get a pissed off T with a kick ass threat pose with venom dripping fangs... Oh and I`m about to rehouse that piece of hysterical murinu bite my ass :D

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Here lately, my female A. avic. I can't do anything without her slapping the tongs out of my hand, and slapping everything else that moves.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
My C. cyaneopubescens gives me the most threat poses.
Over literally nothing, too. Filling the water dish? Threat pose. Feeding? Throws himself onto his back, threat pose. Looking in his general direction? Loses his mind and strikes the air.