And mutilans un the Jar

Sometimes, it`s scary

Sorry to my English

Because I translate there is difficulty

Last edited:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
i THINK i understand what you're saying...bury a jar with a bone and some meat on it...wait two days...dig it up and find a centipede in it?

don't worry about the bad english :) i've seen english "speaking" people do worse hahaha

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yea that's how I read it too. You saying you put a chicken bone in a jar and bury it with the open top even with ground, or top flat with ground, right? Centipedes fall in, can't get out?

Last edited:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Yea that's how I read it too. You saying you put a chicken bone in a jar and bury it with the open top even with ground, or top flat with ground, right? Centipedes fall in, can't get out?
you are my official translator now :) i didn't catch "fowl" = "chicken" lol

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
First.

fowl's bone in jar and bury to land,

Second.

Than Wait about 2 day

last.

And mutilans un the Jar

Sometimes, it`s scary

Sorry to my English

Because I translate there is difficulty
sounds good.. ^^;
i think that most arachnopeons here know about it. anyway how kind you are! :clap:
-locke

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does it really work? How do you place it in the ground, upside down? How deep? Do you fill it with dirt?

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does it really work? How do you place it in the ground, upside down? How deep? Do you fill it with dirt?
Does it really work?
-> maybe sure

How do you place it in the ground, upside down?
-> you must dig the ground first enough to hide the pot. and height of the pot must be higher than the length of the individuals that you want to catch. as for mutilans; over 7".
and most important thing is to find a good location where many centipedes may live.
actually many pedes fall down into the pot and can't escape from there.
this method is usually used for somebody. because a giant centipede is a chinese good herb remedy.

-locke

Last edited:

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, I'm not really getting this lol..Do I put the jar leveled with the ground like so..?

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Johnisriot, that is the funniest drawing of a centipede that i've seen in years!!!! Do you live in a Nintendo? Yeah, that's the method he's talking about :). Hmmm, fun times :).

phil.

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alright, awesome, thanks! Time to catch some pedes :razz:
hey, Johnisriot! post nice pictures on here, please, if you get some, ok?

but i'm not sure if it really works in safety. usually Ss. mutilans pedes are not aggressive to each other. but i don't know about other species. you might see the site of terrible accident with fear and blood(of pedes -_-;)! don't be too late! setting at afternoon and next morning..that's enough. good luck. {D

-locke

Last edited:

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So basicaly a pit fall trap with meat?? Cool, can I substatute something like just left over meat from like ham? or like turkey?

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do sometimes multiple pedes fall in? How many do you usually catch when you set some jars up?

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do sometimes multiple pedes fall in?
why not? enoughly positive.

How many do you usually catch when you set some jars up?
actually i'm not a pede-hunter. but this method is one of most general stuffs. centipedes like to smell chicken or its internal organs so they will crowd around their interest. as for this place. Ss. mutilans is most big and they are not aggressive to each other in general. you may catch as many as you wish if you know a good place for the trap. so you must wait only for few days or several days after setting the trap up if you want to catch Ss. mutilans in here. but i'm not sure about your case. i don't know what kinds of giant centipedes live there and whether or not they would be aggressive to the others.

-locke

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know if this would work with species in the US. Worth a try I guess. It wouldn't have to be a jar. A plastic bucket would work or anything a pede couldn't climb. Around my area, I would have to put some kind of screen, maybe chicken wire to hold the chicken leg in:D . So many animals like possums, raccoons, foxes, and cats around here. I'd have to keep those from getting the bait. No telling what might fall in there. There is so much bedrock where I live, it'd be hard to dig a hole that deep around here. I have about 3 or 4 inches of soil, then it's just rock.