The magical dissapearing Scorpion!

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Answer me a question, if he had of got through the small gap at the front of the tank, are they dumb enough to fall off the edge down a 3 foot drop onto concrete and if they are, do you think they would survive a fall like that?
I don't know if I'd liken it exactly to being "dumb" but I know what you're saying...and yes, they will do that sometimes. My B. jacksoni that escaped fell about four feet from the top of the plastic shelves I had it on but it landed on carpet.

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmm i would completely take out everything then if it's not in the shed it might be long gone by now or you proberbly find it sooner or later somewhere very obvious lol i jsut wanted to ask where do you buy everything from becuase most of the stuff u got are quite similar to mine and u live near me so jsut checkin if we go to the same shop and what the name of the shops

Emos

Arachnopeon
Well well well!

My enclosure is secure. It's a wooden vivarium with a glass front.

I hadn't seen my scorpion for 2 days, no dirt had moved.... none of the obvious signs which I've read on here that he has been active (like substrate in the water dish etc) so i started to get a little concerned as I thought maybe he had burrowed but I couldn't see any burrow holes to confirm a collapsed burrow.

So I started to scoop out the potting soil mixed with vermiculite little bit by bit carefull not to harm him should I touch him.

I got to the bottom...... no scorpion.

It's kept in a shed with loads of places to hide, I looked in the obvious ones. Moved pieces of wood away and looked in any gaps / holes. The shed has no gaps for him to get out of it, the magical scorpion maybe?

Any advice on the best place to look?!? I though I'd leave it until it goes dark and it's nighttime, hoping to catch him out and about but if I don't see him.... where should I be looking? I have no idea how he's got out at all. There's NO way he could have escaped and if he did, it's a 3 foot fall to the floor. :?
Did you have crickets in the enclosure? I've once had a similar case where a small T. stigmurus disappeared. Later, I found a piece of the claw. I suspect that somehow, the crickets must have eaten it. Weird...

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmmm i would completely take out everything then if it's not in the shed it might be long gone by now or you proberbly find it sooner or later somewhere very obvious lol i jsut wanted to ask where do you buy everything from becuase most of the stuff u got are quite similar to mine and u live near me so jsut checkin if we go to the same shop and what the name of the shops
Appleton Exotics, Wigan. Nice shop, nice people.

He's long gone and he isn't in the shed! I took everything out and he definately wasn't in there.

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmm kk we don't go to the same shop but most the things u got very similar lol well now u should think about buying a new scorp because there isn't much chance of finding it but just still close the shed and if u get lucky u might find it in the shed somewhere or find it in ur house and if you do buy i knew one try fix up ur cage

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmmm kk we don't go to the same shop but most the things u got very similar lol well now u should think about buying a new scorp because there isn't much chance of finding it but just still close the shed and if u get lucky u might find it in the shed somewhere or find it in ur house and if you do buy i knew one try fix up ur cage
The day he went missing was the day I brought a female home for him. So I already have another one.... shame he didn't stick around to see her :(

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Jaff,

Fortunately theres little chance he will be able to survive winter there.. but in the future, if this happened with select groups of scorpions, they would be able to survive. Then you would be in a lot of trouble, especially since these posts last forever. Just be careful. :) ..and go get youself a new scorpion.

Ed