The little one who didn't make it :(

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
Found my G.pulchripes sling in a death curl earlier, completely unresponsive. Flipped it over and gave it some water on its fangs and increased the humidity in its enclosure a bit, but looks like it's gone for good. :(

Have no idea why it's passed away - I've had it for just over 6 months and it's been thriving! It had a full water dish and the substrate was lightly damp, as it always has been. No signs of mites/flies and or any other creepy crawlies.

I have to say I am absolutely gutted. It had finally started showing its beautiful adult colouration and hairs. :(

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
That's terrible. What did you feed the little guy?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Don't beat yourself up, look at the #'s. In the wild they lay sacs in the hundreds knowing very few will survive. There is always going to be some imperfect ones with those high of production #'s. Sometimes its just not meant to survive. As hobbyist's we raise a much higher percentage of each sac to adulthood than would ever survive its natural habitat.

Rocky

Arachnopeon
Im sprry for your loss man :/. I know its tough sometimes did you try the icu? I always try to keep water bowls in my enclosures as soon as possible. They'll float anyhow.