The least desireable species...

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just about any old word species. I am just not interested in keeping an overly agressive T. This may really appeal to some, not me.
Give me your NEW WORLD Brachypelma's, Aphonopelma's, Avicularia's & Grammastolsa's ANY day! There are so many bright, colorful and interesting animals that fall within these catagories.

PS - L-O-V-E G.rosea, no apology.

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. rosea is my favorite, probably because it was my first T, but the colour on my RCF is great. My least desirable would be dwarf species or small species. I like T's that get big.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i wasn't fond of my a. avic b/c it made it's enclosure so dirty with webbing and poop that i couldn't see it well...plus it was difficult to keep humid enough so i don't want any more avics...

i wouldn't want any spider that i would have to mist daily either like t. blondi or such...i am bad about daily maintainence so it would probably just die on me. plus i have mold problems with the high humidity t's

i do like my brown spiders i.e. g. rosea and a. seemani. they are still very pretty despite their brown color. i also love haplopelmas...even if i see them for just a few moments when i come home at night its worth it.

if my p. irmina wasn't the most gorgeous t in my collection i might not want her, she is a real pet hole...but when she does come out {D

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a unknown species from Ecuador. It seldom ate and when it molted you hardly noticed it was growing. And on top of that, it was really ugly. Very elongated abdomen. Not my kind of tarantula thats for sure, but it would be interesting to know what genus and species it was.

/Lelle

jw73

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't want any old world species. They are too venomous and not such beautiful as new world species for me.

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
anything that isn't a african/Asian arboreal apart from my para and boehmei, i also dislike chillis, but i do still like b.albopilosums caus it was my first t and there
great, i don't like obligate burrowers

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I have to add:
I'd love to have some pokies or OBT's but I'm a bit nervous about the venom and speed of those T's. They'll have to wait another year or two or.. maybe longer.

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have to say T. blondi. I can see what other people like about them, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I think it's the U hairs that's keeping me away. U hairs and all the molt problems I've read about.

My P. regalis isn't holding my interest like my Brachys and Africans. I may try a different pookie later, but I don't think I'll be getting another regalis once I part with mine.

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The least desirable to me wouldn't really be any one species. It's more a general group: The slow growers. Aphonopelma, Grammostola, etc. If I came across some adults of these genera I'd consider them but as for raising slings, I think that's out the window in the future. I'm impatient. :)

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's not a tarantula, but I have a Bothriocyrtum Californicum that I have not seen since I put it in it's cage. I would not recommend it to anyone. I'm not sure if it has molted or anything as of yet. Very BOOORING.

I love rosies. My Blondi and Lividum are the most interesting Ts I have at the moment.

meier link

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
tiger rumps do nothing for me....i really think theyre quite ugly, and their samll size doesnt help

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm very tempted to say L. parahybana. They aren't particularly cute unless you find black peat or equivalent which I can't, and I tire of the wanderlust they seem to get? (At least mine).

I will never get a Stromatopelma, I think. Aggressive, more-venomous-than-average, and looking like a skin-disease..likely reclusive as hell also :p

Cirith Ungol

Old Timer
nowhereman said:
You must be joking ?
EEEWWW... look at that death-like, bone-like carpace... That one just looks too sinister :D

Kinda joking but it still freaks me a bit! But I bet ya, once I've gotten more used to those looks I'll have to have one, because they are as cool as they look freakish :)

Krapf0n

Arachnopeon
i dont like burrowing Ts since i dont want to spend money on animals which i only can see maybe 1-2 x in a year.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cirith Ungol said:
Kinda joking but it still freaks me a bit! But I bet ya, once I've gotten more used to those looks I'll have to have one, because they are as cool as they look freakish :)
I can relate. It wasn't that they were too sinister, but that I thought they were too garish at first (I still draw the line at C. cyaneopubescens - when mine died I wasn't crying in my beer, GBBS are like a badly dressed clown ;)). Now a few years after first seeing N. chromatus I've come to appreciate their colouration and have 5 slings up in the spider room.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Rotting corpses

I can pretty safely say the only spider i dislike would be a rotting, worm ridden corpse

some spiders i might not buy for cost reasons, but i would take any tarantula and possibly any bug... not *quite* sure if i'd want a Phoneutria egg sac though....

perhaps i am easily amused... ok, i *know* i am easily amused... but i like 'em all and find them all very interesting. even the most boring tara has a micro-filtration system attached to it's mouth... no moving parts when it breathes...
shed the lining of their genitals (try *that* one if you are a boy...)

and even Aphonopelma Plain and Tall still has a certain like, otherworldly mystique to it that i find appealing.

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I still draw the line at C. cyaneopubescens - when mine died I wasn't crying in my beer, GBBS are like a badly dressed clown ).
I'd miss my killer clowns terribly. ;)

Last edited:

LEVIS

Arachnopeon
I absolutely hate Brachypelma albopilosum... What a repulsive and utterly hideous tarantula that is... It really sucks on all levels.

They are such rubbish... "Curlyhair's" (what a delightful name) makes the Ewoks (and maybe even JarJar Binks) look like <edit> Shaft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cirith Ungol

Old Timer
I'm getting three of those above (C.c.) this week! :) I'm really looking forward to those beautiful freaks!