The Importance of Respect and Open-mindedness In the Tarantula Hobby

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
@Rittdk01 , above link also contains some info on SADS if you're interested.

It is a good read overall, and has good points. Nice find.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
Great read that I agree with entirely, there's way to mcuh "my way is the only way" attitude, there's clearly many ways that work. A lot of people forget that hobbies are meant for enjoyment

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I've been subscribed to both Tom's blog and YouTube for quite awhile now. This recent blog hit the nail right on the head.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
This is what I love about this hobby...there is sooo much information about these spiders yet so much more we don't even know.

Someone will say P.metallica can't be kept communally, someone else post a picture of 20 p.metallicas in a cage. The common "rose hair" is not g.rosea. Aphonpelma just got revised, a species thought to be terrestrial is actually arboreal, etc.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Tom Moran makes a very important contribution to the hobby - care tutorials, care and rehousing videos, and he is just an awesome and friendly man who is never condescending or mean. He always responds to people and never hesitates to help those in the hobby who reach out to him - no matter how many times he has probably been asked the same questions. He is a tremendous asset and I am glad that newer people know where to find him.
I subscribe to his blog, his YouTube account, and his Facebook page. You won't find a nicer man than Tom.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Tom Moran makes a very important contribution to the hobby - care tutorials, care and rehousing videos, and he is just an awesome and friendly man who is never condescending or mean. He always responds to people and never hesitates to help those in the hobby who reach out to him - no matter how many times he has probably been asked the same questions. He is a tremendous asset and I am glad that newer people know where to find him.
I subscribe to his blog, his YouTube account, and his Facebook page. You won't find a nicer man than Tom.
I agree, stand up guy.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I agree with Tom but you can only be friendly to Tarantula hipsters or Theraphosids snobs for so long before the idea of a chimpanzee dragging them up into a tree and eating there face grows from a crooked smile creeping across your face to you wondering if you can refinance your house so you can afford a chimpanzee..

That's why I don't respond to most threads lately and only upload pics of new pick ups or post breeding threads ;)...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Screw respect and such foolishness:

- "you" stand with the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) OH-ALLAAARGH!-OH BITES side of Glory, Honor & Pride

... or "you" are against us, the hissing Brotherhood, that will track your IP and reach your basement with an Axe! :-s

Last edited:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Screw respect and such foolishness:

- "you" stand with the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) OH-ALLAAARGH!-OH BITES side of Glory, Honor & Pride

... or "you" are against us, the hissing Brotherhood, that will track your IP and reach your basement with an Axe! :-s
What if we don't have a basement?:shy: