The ideal humidity for lings in vials?

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As many know, I have some "blues", each around 1". They are being kept in vials about 3"-3.5" tall. My Q is, is how much should I really mist these? I though to myself that as long as you can see a couple water drops on the inside of each vial each day, it will stay humid enough and all will be okay. But today I found that on of the "blues" had died. I picked it up and looked under, there was some kind of white fungi below the mouth. So now I'm thinking I'm keeping them too humid, but you mostly do with spiderlings. But this species requires more than others. What are your thoughts?

Austin

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I only ever misted 1-2 times a week, and still had mold problems. Vials are just too small, I think. Move them to small deli cups, I never had any issues once I did that.

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've just keep mine with moist substrate and have had no problems. Try to make sure there's plenty of ventilation. My vials are about 4".

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya just make sure they dont dry out 100%, and mist accordingly. Slings will ball up substrate and extract water at that size so they depend somewhat on you misting them, but they also get alot of their moisture needs from the prey they eat as well.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep my slings in viels and I keep the substrate moist. I've had no problems. I just make sure food is never left.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
perfect

i was gonna tell you to drill some holes in the sides of the vials for cross-ventilation but i see you did that for the larger containers.

i always drill some 1/16 - 1/32 holes on the sides and bottom of my vials. i can mist more so i know they have water and never get mold and the dead pieces of roach or crickets dry out a little so they don't smell or get mouldy.
just put holes at the level of the substrate on the vials for best results.

works really for avics. never lost a sling.
Tom