The H. Arizonensis in Arachnopets Gallery

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks a lot like H. spadix to me. I'm no expert, but I don't see the arizonsis "eclipse".

I realize that it seems picky, whoami, but as Edward has found, care for the two different species actually differ. Again, this isn't really my place, I'm not the one with the experience, but Edward can tell you that he's had more success with H. spadix in conditions that differ from those of H. arizonsis.

Just my opinion though,
Chris

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
You guys are absolutely right. I'll bring it to Scott's attention so he can change it. Good catch, Mat.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Heh...yeah it is...you know...I have never looked at the gallery on this site.

I suppose I should.

John
];')

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Hehehehe. Yeah, I sometimes forget there is more to the site than the forums. I'll need some quick care info and realize after about ten minutes of reading other care sheets that we have a lot of info right here.

Cheers,
Dave

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WhoamI
I`m not picky , just looking for some info. I noticed it and simply asked a question:confused:

I`ve been picking out some other pics of different Hadrurus spp.`s and there colour forms. Their cousin aren`t heard of much in the pet trade. But show very nice color variations of general shape of H ariz. or H. spadix. There kinda like those desingner versions of ball pythons.

Mat

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by chau0046
WhoamI
I`m not picky , just looking for some info. I noticed it and simply asked a question:confused:

I`ve been picking out some other pics of different Hadrurus spp.`s and there colour forms. Their cousin aren`t heard of much in the pet trade. But show very nice color variations of general shape of H ariz. or H. spadix. There kinda like those desingner versions of ball pythons.

Mat
Yeah, I know. I just posted that because it was the first thing that came to mind. That is to say, it didn't come to mind because I thought you were picky. It came to mind because that's the only reason I would have posted that.

You see, it was sort of a joke. But since the joke was about me, there's no way you would understand it.

In any case, I didn't think you would have taken that post seriously. Oops.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ya know, I noticed that a while back. Actually, I figured someone else had already mentioned it. Chris, indeed I have found better luck keeping H. spadix and arizonensis with a slightly different temps and humidity levels, but others, such as Kug (John) have found great success (I suppose the great success has continued) keeping them together. Obviously, they can be kept in the same manner (not to mention, they are virtually neighbors and I have heard that in some locations, their locales are the same, though this may be untrue).

adios,
edw. :?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Thanks for bringing it to my attention. As you may have noticed, most of the pics in the Scorp gallery are not mine. The ID's are also what came with the pics as I'm not a scorp person and pretty much only know an emp when I see one. If you find any others with problems let me know. I need to do alot of updates to the site at large, but generally find myself spending all my time reading the forums.... :)

Scott

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry about the touble.......and I appreciate the efforts. Heck i`d love to try and help you guys out! i think i`m on my computer about 4-5 hours a day as it is. My G-friend is jealouse and calls it my part time wh**e. Sorry , I just find humour in that=D

Mat

Arachnopets ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know this is a somewhat old-ish thread, but, I have a question. I've heard that H. spadix isn't as hardy as H. arizonensis, is this true?

Bry

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Iv had 4 h.spadix for a year and a half. They were shipped 2 day shipping by accident and it actually took 3 days in the middle of winter in jan. They all lived and are really healthy i think they are more sturdy.

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well at my work, a tityus spp, i`m guessing, ended up in a box of starfruit the month before i started. They said it was motionless, because of cold, They put it in a jar and it woke up . They said it was very active , wandering around and around the jar continiously. They sent it for id and notified the supplier. It came back as a spp. found in Costa Rica. It was said to be very venomous. This is what my Boss told me and that it was almost see through.

What i`m getting at is some spp. seem to be able to handle harsh temps and will go dormant in 2-4oC.

Mat

I check the starfruit boxes every time they come in.:D