The ground its moving!

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How often do you change our T.s substrate? does it only need changing when its got like mold or something?

Thanks for the replies ! :D

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
only when needed, but if you say yours looks like it is moving,
I'd change it! Could be mites or baby crickets!:eek:

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by sunnymarcie
only when needed, but if you say yours looks like it is moving,
I'd change it! Could be mites or baby crickets!:eek:
well no its not actually moving lol, its clean and ok from what i can see :) thanks for the concern though ;)

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Recently I only changed the substrate so I could move from pure vermiculite to a peat/verm mix

Other than that only when it needs doing, or once every 6-12 months.

If your unsure, just change it, it won't do any harm :)

hope this helps graely boy

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
For inverts having shallowish substrate, I never really do a complete substrate change. I will, however, remove and replace blocks of substrate if they start to look messy. Usualy the area around the water dish is the one that needs changing. For the dry inverts in particular, the rest is usualy pretty good. The more humidity-loving ones get a completely substrate change whenever they need it -- which is next to never due to generaly good ventelation.

Cheers,
Dave

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Grael you always come up w/clever titles. Soo, how often. You know. Not very. When I see dead crix and poopies, I might clean the layer, but not really the whole thing. I find the dirt stays pretty clean. Much cleaner than mice or rats.