The Grammy double-whammy!!!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
So both my Grammostola pulchripes unsexed juvies decided to moult at the exact same time today. One 3" unsexed and the other at 4".

IMG_1702.JPG IMG_1695.JPG IMG_1696.JPG IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1698.JPG

I Knew both were in premoult for a while now and the new skin arrivals were imminent. I had a feeling the larger specimen was going to flip so I prepared to make a quick time-lapse video of the process.

I had not long started the time lapse on the larger specimen when I noticed the other pulchripes had flipped too. So I thought might get them both at the same time.

..And so I did. Heres the video :)

After leaving them to it for a while I returned to check on them and once they were finishing up I grabbed the exuviae.

It would be nice if the smaller specimen turned out male and the larger female right?

.. right :)

3" Male exuviae
IMG_1703.JPG

4" female exuviae
(Spermathecae)
IMG_1699.JPG

(Oesophagus & sucking stomach)
IMG_1701.JPG

(Chelicerae and fangs)
IMG_1700.JPG

Got lucky with these random FB hauls :D

aphono

Arachnobaron
How awesome is that? I finally am able to understand and see the spermathecae on molts like in that picture. As for the male, the fact there's "nothing" indicates male, right..?

Cool anatomy pics too.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
By the title of thread I was really expecting a dazzling show of music...this is clearly a disappointing thread, posted by a troll! :troll:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
How awesome is that? I finally am able to understand and see the spermathecae on molts like in that picture. As for the male, the fact there's "nothing" indicates male, right..?

Cool anatomy pics too.
Yes, you are correct. And thank you :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
So both my Grammostola pulchripes unsexed juvies decided to moult at the exact same time today. One 3" unsexed and the other at 4".

View attachment 240650 View attachment 240651 View attachment 240652 View attachment 240653 View attachment 240654

I Knew both were in premoult for a while now and the new skin arrivals were imminent. I had a feeling the larger specimen was going to flip so I prepared to make a quick time-lapse video of the process.

I had not long started the time lapse on the larger specimen when I noticed the other pulchripes had flipped too. So I thought might get them both at the same time.

After leaving them to it for a while I returned to check on them and once they were finishing up I grabbed the exuviae.

It would be nice if the smaller specimen turned out male and the larger female right?

3" Male exuviae
View attachment 240660

4" female exuviae
(Spermathecae)
View attachment 240656

View attachment 240658

(Chelicerae and fangs)
View attachment 240657

Aghhh, that is so amazing!!! Thank you for sharing the video, love! :happy:

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron

View attachment 240650 View attachment 240651 View attachment 240652 View attachment 240653 View attachment 240654

3" Male exuviae
View attachment 240660

4" female exuviae
(Spermathecae)
View attachment 240656

View attachment 240658

(Chelicerae and fangs)
View attachment 240657

Two of mine did a simultaneous molt a few years back in a similar fashion, thanks for sharing

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Just thought I would share another couple of photos. I love how fresh the pink setae looks when moulted. They young male is starting to get more fluffy and the female has a nice amount now :)

IMG_1843.JPG IMG_1844.JPG