The G.rosea and eggsac rescue

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, seems like I'm gonna be a grandmother! :D

A guy I know have a G.rosea he can no longer keep, he bought her from a dealer a few months ago.. He sent me some pics, and her enclosure is appaling. Green aquarium gravel, a tiny hide. I'm surprised she even laid a sac!

I'm supposed to pick her up on wedensday, and today tiny babies started pouring out of the hide, and he didn't even know she was gravid! So, for free, I'm getting a nice total of 51 G.roseas! You may envy me now, if you like! Now, to find some vials..

Will post pics when they get home, have a nice little place set up for her, so I hope she'll be comfortable!

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats I guess! {D Are ya'll sure it's only 51? If so, I guess you're *really* lucky!

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, no, but he said he had only found 50 live ones.. We'll see, I guess.. Either way, They are slow growers, so I can keep them all for a while, if they don't sell off.. And I can sell to my LPS. I'll figure something out. But people are always saying you need a rosie in your collection! :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have fun with them.. My rosea droped a sac for me a year ago... I kept 5 of her babies... They are just now hitting a hair over 1"...

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, it will be alot of fun! Now, where can I get rosea sling sized deli cups in bulk?=p

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well that is simple.. Go to your nearest deli & get some cups.. :p

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
You could go to a photo shop and ask for film containers maybe? :? Rally your friends to save all there tartar sauce cups. :p

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is there somewhere online I can buy them? Small delicups really aren't common in Norway, deli cups in general are a pain in the back to get a hold off..

I found somewhere online, but I'm unsure of size.. Would 4 oz be too big? I'm rubbish with your non-metric babble =p

Last edited:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Get the 4oz cups. They will work longer. I used 2 oz cups for my first slings and ended up rehousing them quickly into 4oz ones.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fam.. If they are first instar.. You dont need anything right now.. I would suggest leaving them with the momma until they hit 2nd since they have already emerged from the sac...

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, but they still need somewhere to live later in life.. I was just unsure of exactly how dinky they were, and how long they would stay superdinky.. :D

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oooh, and I found a E. Pulcherimaklaasii too(different person), which I hope I'll get. Cross your fingers for me!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oooh, and I found a E. Pulcherimaklaasii too(different person), which I hope I'll get. Cross your fingers for me!
Fingers crossed! :D (You cant see they are.. But they really are.. Well.. They will be when I am not typing & if I dont forget..)

brakeless1

Arachnopeon
well i think my male rosey is dying been over 24 hours molting. he had small spurs already he's half way out spurs even bigger but looks stuck aroud pedilaps.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well i think my male rosey is dying been over 24 hours molting. he had small spurs already he's half way out spurs even bigger but looks stuck aroud pedilaps.
Make him drop his palps then... It might save him..

brakeless1

Arachnopeon
not sure what you mean bro but he is still moving. i got four t,s i'm still green on real names and some things. i been feeding ,watering and cleaning cages about two years. and all has been ok till now with first male.

brakeless1

Arachnopeon
he's also popped carpace or back off i see about 16 legs and fangs it just like two small feet bye fangs no bulbous end's on them he had tibial spurs i think there called. some one said be lucky to have seen grand something molt. and he will probly pass?