The future of the hobby

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As Atrax put it, this has been beaten to death, but I had to share. The sheer delight in her eyes tells the story. This is her spider. I still don't know if it's a male or a female. I'm hoping female since it is quite a few molts ahead of the other versi's we've acquired.

Botar

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Whats been beaten to death ? She is so cute Botar. Whats her name, I forgot. ?

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SS,

Atrax was talking about pictures of versi's. He'd mentioned that the topic was beaten to death as he was posting a picture. I believe it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

JWB,

She is six, going on sixteen. She has quite a few spiders that are "her spiders". Including a male T. blondi I took to Phillip. After I told her how much T. blondi babies sold for, she's REALLY hoping the mating is successful. In her eyes, she'd be a millionaire.

Botar

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The pic of saying bye to her T blondi brought a tear to my sisters eye lol. I thought it was a vey cute picture of her.

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Botar,
She's a cutie.
Your daughter is pretty cute too.:D
How many spiders does she have??

Bryan

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cronoss,

If you ask her, she's probably got about 75. If you ask me, it's more like 3. She's also got a bunch of millipedes and some hissers.

One of her happiest days was when we got 20 versi's in and she got to take them out of their shipping vials and put them in their new homes. She says that she is cool at school because she has spiders. In a few short years, she'll just be a freak. Of course, having me as a dad won't help matters much.

Botar

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
awesome pic!
here is one of Shelby being 'tickled' by our A chalcodes
I love pics of kids with spiders!
What could be cooler than this?!

Last edited:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now she's having a blast. They are going to have so much fun at the "spider conference".

Botar

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
great pic Botar....

I especially like the sparkle in the eyes effect. :)

Phil

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL! I was going to comment on that too. Starry eyes for her versicolor. Cute pics Botar and Holley! :)

Atrax

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I love seeing pics of kids w/tarantulas. Its nice to see girls (and boys) that arent terrified of spiders like I was at that age. Just think, if I hadnt been afraid of them, I might have several hundred Ts by now! :(

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ah yes.....kids and T's

tonight was the first time my son fed our pets without me around (at work:( ). I'm glad I didn't know but my wife said he was a champ. She said that the Redrump started escaping it's jar and he gently picked her up and placed her back in (That F'in' Redrump always hides if I even look at her jar!). My wife doesn't handle T's so he would have had to be the one to get the T so I'm glad he did a good job. Anyway, I wish I could've taken a picture. He is five right now and he just has a way with bugs. My terrible twos daughter loves bugs now too but she is just a little too rough to handle them (millipedes and roaches)....I don't let her near my delicate spiders.

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You couldnt keep my youngest away from the T's if you tried!
I have lost count of the mornings that i wake up to her moving around my room "checking" on them. (Usually TOO early!:D )
I love the kid pics, this is where it all starts. LOL, at this point my mind is sending me messages about "must" get a camera!

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's DJ......

Finally got a pic of my boy holding a T. It's just a li'l A_Avic. but I don't have any large spiders that I trust.

Attachments

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blackacidevil,

Will you be attending the ATS Conference? The more kids, the better.

Botar

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
What are you talking about Botar?...Are there actually going to be 'adults' there too? :p

John
];')

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You don't know DJ....

Originally posted by Botar
Blackacidevil,

Will you be attending the ATS Conference? The more kids, the better.

Botar
Don't speak too soon....he knows how to behave with bugs but that's about it. Get him out in public and he is a nuisance (around his Mom) . Most kids treat him like a leper anyway, at the playground he likes to hide in the tunnel slides and pretend that he's a funnel-web spider, when another kid passes he pounces on him. I guess they don't like that...they tend to think he's wierd (MY kid wierd.....what the?).