The frustrations of slings ๐Ÿ˜ž

Miles1

Arachnopeon
Pterinochilus murinus

Yesterday I received 12 slings. As i was rehousing the Mozambique DCF, he slowly crept in the vial and at the last second, he bolted as i was putting the cap on his vial. Did not make it.

Dolichothele diamantinensis

Today was feeding day for my slings. I accidentally knocked over my Brazilian blue drawf beauty's deli cup. I opened the lid , sprayed some water and moved him on the sprayed patch. I dont think he'll make it ๐Ÿ˜ญ

The frustrations.....

DuneElliot

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hear this but with Ts and inverts in general it's always about caution and an excess of it. First one...probably unavoidable, second one....don't know what the situation was.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Neither of those situations seem to be a problem brought about by slings.

I accidentally knocked over my Brazilian blue drawf beauty's deli cup. I opened the lid , sprayed some water and moved him on the sprayed patch
Why would you move the Tarantula after having knocked the container over?

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
i think your Dolichothele diamantinensis sling will be ok delicups being so light. sucks about your p murinus sling i usually just use a brush to poke slings off the sides if i am using dram vials to house them after having a sling escape that way

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pterinochilus murinus

Yesterday I received 12 slings. As i was rehousing the Mozambique DCF, he slowly crept in the vial and at the last second, he bolted as i was putting the cap on his vial. Did not make it.

Dolichothele diamantinensis

Today was feeding day for my slings. I accidentally knocked over my Brazilian blue drawf beauty's deli cup. I opened the lid , sprayed some water and moved him on the sprayed patch. I dont think he'll make it ๐Ÿ˜ญ

The frustrations.....
This is a result of you, not your slings- improve your husbandry that's all. Otherwise the rest will die too.

Miles1

Arachnopeon
i think your Dolichothele diamantinensis sling will be ok delicups being so light. sucks about your p murinus sling i usually just use a brush to poke slings off the sides if i am using dram vials to house them after having a sling escape that way
He went in out of sight and shot right back up and before i could get the cap closed. Most slings go hide. He was just so feisty.

This is a result of you, not your slings- improve your husbandry that's all. Otherwise the rest will die too.
Lol.
Glad youre not so judgemental ๐Ÿ™„

Neither of those situations seem to be a problem brought about by slings.

Why would you move the Tarantula after having knocked the container over?
I had just fed him and sprayed his corner.
Hoping a little direct water would help him recover.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
He went in out of sight and shot right back up and before i could get the cap closed. Most slings go hide. He was just so feisty.
it happens to all of us good idea is to use a large empty plastic storage box to place your sling cups into when opening that way if they take off they got no place to run and are easy to recapture

Miles1

Arachnopeon
it happens to all of us good idea is to use a large empty plastic storage box to place your sling cups into when opening that way if they take off they got no place to run and are easy to recapture
All this took place in the giant tote.
In my left hand was the vial. In my right hand was the painters brush. He slowly walked in. I grabbed the cap and
Instead of hunkering down he decided he didnt want to be in there. ๐Ÿ˜ž
RIP Mozambique DCF.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
All this took place in the giant tote.
In my left hand was the vial. In my right hand was the painters brush. He slowly walked in. I grabbed the cap and
Instead of hunkering down he decided he didnt want to be in there. ๐Ÿ˜ž
RIP Mozambique DCF.
its what we all mean by the term gone faster than you can blink dont beat yourself up over iton your next slings you can add a pinch of moss so the sling has a spot to hunker down under and hide right away before the transfer doesnt mean it wont still make a dash up and out i find that it helps sometimes

Miles1

Arachnopeon
its what we all mean by the term gone faster than you can blink dont beat yourself up over iton your next slings you can add a pinch of moss so the sling has a spot to hunker down under and hide right away before the transfer doesnt mean it wont still make a dash up and out i find that it helps sometimes
Kings,
Had that
My procedures when rehousing a sling that has arrived :

Check to make sure sling is inside paper.
Slowly remove sling incased paper towel. Place inside a catch cup and secure lid.
Take empty vial.
Spray a little water on the bottom. Place soil inside. Wet soil. Place a pinch of moss inside. Wet it a little.
Of the 12 i received, two crawled out before i could secure them. He crawled around the tote for a few CMs and i just placed his new home in front of him and got him in with no problem. The DCF, not so fortunate.
Thanks for the advice and discussion.
Sorry to be long winded.

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
Yeah my OBT sling I just received today almost bolted out of the enclosure but luckily I put the lid on in time, it's byfar the fastest T in my collection, even faster than my H himalayana although my h himalayana is pretty chill and the easiest unboxing I had.

Miles1

Arachnopeon
Yeah my OBT sling I just received today almost bolted out of the enclosure but luckily I put the lid on in time, it's byfar the fastest T in my collection, even faster than my H himalayana although my h himalayana is pretty chill and the easiest unboxing I had.
Do you have. Togo starburst/H Maculata ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
Ive got two OBTs ( 1 small juvie, 1 small sling)
I picked up one Sunday at an Expo. It was given to me after i purchased 5 Ts.
That's awesome, I've always wanted to go to an expo but I don't have a car.

Miles1

Arachnopeon
That's awesome, I've always wanted to go to an expo but I don't have a car.
You have to go.
They are fun to attend.
Mine are mainly reptiles, but there are 2 or 3 Tarantula dealers.
They have tons of stuff ; Aquariums, vivariums, feeders. Food for feeders. Mounted insects.
Theres a $50 giveaway.
Tons of other stuff.

Im thinking about going to a Nashville expo Dec 12th.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lol.
Glad youre not so judgemental ๐Ÿ™„
Im not, just observing the facts you told us.

If I was judgemental, Iโ€™d think you were a complete idiot that shouldnโ€™t own animals or plants; I donโ€™t think that.

Good news for you!!- itโ€™s all within YOUR power to DO better IF you CHOOSE to

Miles1

Arachnopeon
Im not, just observing the facts you told us.

If I was judgemental, Iโ€™d think you were a complete idiot that shouldnโ€™t own animals or plants; I donโ€™t think that.

Good news for you!!- itโ€™s all within YOUR power to DO better IF you CHOOSE to
No one gives a damn what you think.

<edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No one gives a damn what you think.

<edit>
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

In point of fact many people do comment in some fashion on some of my posts, from new people, long time users to the AB site owners.

A better use of your time than name calling would be learning how to improve your husbandry.

How is that not an effective use of your time to help mitigate future sling tragedies in your care based on your post.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you donโ€™t like my posts ๐Ÿ˜‰

Miles1

Arachnopeon
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

In point of fact many people do comment in some fashion on some of my posts, from new people, long time users to the AB site owners.

A better use of your time than name calling would be learning how to improve your husbandry.

How is that not an effective use of your time to help mitigate future sling tragedies in your care based on your post.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you donโ€™t like my posts ๐Ÿ˜‰
You started with the name calling. I gave it right back to you.

You obviously <edit> can dish it out, but not take it

I reiterate, no one gives a damn about what you think.