The frustrations of slings šŸ˜ž

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
You started with the name calling. I gave it right back to you.
Actually @viper69 clearly stated that they don't think that you're an idiot. Bolded and underlined below.
If I was judgemental, Iā€™d think you were a complete idiot that shouldnā€™t own animals or plants; I donā€™t think that.
I reiterate, no one [cares] about what you think.
I value Viper's perspective, but maybe I'm a nobody in which case your statement may still apply.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You started with the name calling. I gave it right back to you.

You obviously <edit> can dish it out, but not take it

I reiterate, no one gives a damn about what you think.
1. See Moricollins reply directly above mine
2. It's violation of TOS, that you agreed to, to curse by substituting characters. We have children who use this forum. You should re-read the TOS. I know I had to a time or two.
3. You state an opinion/claim as it's fact, it isn't. Everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion, but NOT their own facts hahahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

Miles1

Arachnopeon
Actually @viper69 clearly stated that they don't think that you're an idiot. Bolded and underlined below.

I value Viper's perspective, but maybe I'm a nobody in which case your statement may still apply.
His first response to me was condescending.

" The rest will die too"

That alone was his introduction <edit> .

I made the post to show the other poster that they are not alone in making mistakes. Even the mistakes that are fatal to Ts.
I can handle constructive criticism. I wont put up with condescending people who call names.
Even if they are experts in raising Ts.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
No one gives a damn what you think.

<edit>
Keep the hostility out please. A lack of tact isnā€™t judgement. And he clearly stated he DOESN'T think that of you. Clear, concise, direct communication, albeit tactless, is not an insult. And reactions like this are pointless and set a negative precedent for the hobby.

His first response to me was condescending.

" The rest will die too"

That alone was his introduction <edit> .

I made the post to show the other poster that they are not alone in making mistakes. Even the mistakes that are fatal to Ts.
I can handle constructive criticism. I wont put up with condescending people who call names.
Even if they are experts in raising Ts.
ā€œCondescendingā€ means to show feelings of superiority, or the patronize. Neither of which viper has done. Objective fact may not resonate well with your emotions, however emotional reasoning and mudslinging are toxic behaviors that foster resentment and, once again, paint this hobby in a negative light.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's not my name. Seriously, must you be rude to everyone :troll: :troll::rofl::rofl::clown:

That's your opinion. Wasn't condescending in my read of it.
I haven't faintest idea what you are talking about, just see for yourself :troll: ;) Thanks for the correction!

Miles1

Arachnopeon
ā€œCondescendingā€ means to show feelings of superiority, or the patronize. Neither of which viper has done. Objective fact may not resonate well with your emotions, however emotional reasoning and mudslinging are toxic behaviors that foster resentment and, once again, paint this hobby in a negative light.
Was he said my Ts will die, i was done with him.

This is why you leave out being condescending <edit> because instead of you discussing the Ts, youre post are defending him.
If youre going to lecture on hostility, start it with that guy.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Was he said my Ts will die, i was done with him.

This is why you leave out being condescending <edit> because instead of you discussing the Ts, youre post are defending him.
If youre going to lecture on hostility, start it with that guy.
Itā€™s not about defending him, itā€™s about protecting this hobby. I respect your willingness to share your experiences here on AB with other hobbiests. But at the end of the day, I care about hobbiests insomuch as it affects the public face of our hobby. There is a reason why when they passed the laws adding 5 pokie species to the ESA list that fish and wildlife said the hobby does nothing to protect the species and talked about our questionable practices. Itā€™s because places like AB are main hubs for the husbandry of these animals. Hubs that anyone has access to at any moment. So when a fish and wildlife official is taking a case up in front of a judge, and they do a quick search of the hobby, and they see infighting and petty squabbling. This justifies their agenda. Which hurts us as hobbiests. You donā€™t have to like what someone says. That is your right. But responding with insults of your own perpetuates the pettiness and chips away at the foundation a lot of us old timers helped build for AB and the hobby. That is why I am not responding about the Ts.

Nowā€¦

can we all please be civil?

Miles1

Arachnopeon
Itā€™s not about defending him, itā€™s about protecting this hobby. I respect your willingness to share your experiences here on AB with other hobbiests. But at the end of the day, I care about hobbiests insomuch as it affects the public face of our hobby. There is a reason why when they passed the laws adding 5 pokie species to the ESA list that fish and wildlife said the hobby does nothing to protect the species and talked about our questionable practices. Itā€™s because places like AB are main hubs for the husbandry of these animals. Hubs that anyone has access to at any moment. So when a fish and wildlife official is taking a case up in front of a judge, and they do a quick search of the hobby, and they see infighting and petty squabbling. This justifies their agenda. Which hurts us as hobbiests. You donā€™t have to like what someone says. That is your right. But responding with insults of your own perpetuates the pettiness and chips away at the foundation a lot of us old timers helped build for AB and the hobby. That is why I am not responding about the Ts.

Nowā€¦

can we all please be civil?
Youre mixing apples and oranges.

I could have kept it to myself. Actually wasnt the first mishap with a T. Probably wont be the last.

Im human. My Ts are precious and I'm trying to ensure they live their longest life safely, happily and possible.

As far as him, i give to you, what you give to me.

You responded to me without the insults or potshots, then you will receive in kind.

Hopefully there are enough local breeders here in the US that can stave off any bans. Then again, i saw that a dealer has 4 new first time in the US species for sale.

I treat anyone exactly how they treat me.

Good discussion.