The freebie I never wanted

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got a P. Cam sling freebie, not had her long but I'm impressed by her behavior.
They're a great species to keep and mine is out constantly it only ever bolts if I'm a little rough with the opening of it's enclosure lid

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
They're a great species to keep and mine is out constantly it only ever bolts if I'm a little rough with the opening of it's enclosure lid
Mine is an inch maybe more DLS. She's burrowed and only come out to eat and once or twice to explore but more recently has completely shut herself off from the outside world. She shows intelligence. It's strange, I like her

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine is an inch maybe more DLS. She's burrowed and only come out to eat and once or twice to explore but more recently has completely shut herself off from the outside world. She shows intelligence. It's strange, I like her
If she's shut herself off then I'd expect the possibility of a new suit, They grow pretty quickly aswell so it won't stay small very long mines around 1.5 -2" dls now and I'm expecting a moult in the next week or so and then possibly a rehouse

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I'm going to rehouse as well, I've noticed a spot of mold from some driftwood I got her. I've got a new enclosure though, just need a fun hide.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm going to rehouse as well, I've noticed a spot of mold from some driftwood I got her. I've got a new enclosure though, just need a fun hide.
I generally just use cork bark as I'm told mould doesn't grow on it so I guess it eliminates 1 potential threat.
I also use off cuts of plastic drainage pipe and make hides to measure also you can bury these to help keep burrowing species entrances a lot more stable

cold blood

Staff member
Just dry it out and let the mold run its course...I only re house if it becomes an issue for the spider.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I bought cork bark thinking I could cut it in two and make two hides for two Ts but it was expensive and only made enough for one T.

I still wanna rehouse as I don't think she feels secure with just the drift wood and I think that's one reason she burrowed. I also realize they're fast growers and I just wanna make a nice big home for her to grow into.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@GreyPsyche I told you I was expecting a moult from mine in a week or so right. Well I guess my estimate was way out because less than 12hrs after making that comment i now have a freshly moulted P cam

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I bought cork bark thinking I could cut it in two and make two hides for two Ts but it was expensive and only made enough for one T.

I still wanna rehouse as I don't think she feels secure with just the drift wood and I think that's one reason she burrowed. I also realize they're fast growers and I just wanna make a nice big home for her to grow into.
This species burrows as slings, so if yours is burrowing, that doesn't mean it doesn't feel safe or secure. ;)
It'll come out more as it grows :)

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Lucky you! All of my Ts are in PreMolt except two maybe three! Ugh, they like to take their time.