Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

the florida aquarium in tampa, fl (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Zoo Trips (Man Made Habitats)' started by xgrafcorex, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Sunset

Sunset Arachnoknight Old Timer

Advertisement
    tarsier the last pic you forgot the gobeys to

2. DDaake

DDaake Arachnobaron

Great pics. I especially like the reef aquarium and jellyfish pics, but the Snook pics (behind the ray).......Yummy! Although I can't seem to catch any myself. I'm not much of a fisherman. Thx D

3. Actually pearly jaw fish and a boxfish...and the puffer is an atlantic puffer just my 2 cents......

4. I gotta penny too!

Pearly jaw fish.....they are fun....Make mess of sand though.....bury rocks deep!..........Jason View attachment 81006

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  5. Lucas339

Lucas339 Arachnobaron Old Timer

its actually a stripped bur fish.

we don't really refer to them as trumpet mouths. we call the trumpet fish.

the "tounge" photo isn't a tounge of anything. it is the radula to a gastropod.

6. Herpetologydude

Herpetologydude Arachnosquire

FLA
    This Looks like a Radula from some species of Mollusk (i'd venture to guess a snail) Its like a little grinding mouth part they use :)

7. Lucas339

Lucas339 Arachnobaron Old Timer

as i said. a radula from a gastropod.....

<----mollusk taxonomist.....

8. Herpetologydude

Herpetologydude Arachnosquire

FLA
    Haha Didn't even see your post before :) I just replied when I saw the picture on the 1st page!

So it is a gastropod radula then, My Invertebrate zoology class served me well last semester :)

9. D3AdB0DYMAN

D3AdB0DYMAN Arachnopeon

nice photos

10. Miss Bianca

Miss Bianca Arachnoprince

Yes, these are great.
    Would like to visit that aquarium next time I'm in FL.

11. cannabeast

cannabeast Arachnosquire

very nice pictures, i especially liked the baby gators! thanks for the great photos!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.