The Flickiest Fur Babies

Liquifin

Arachnoking
All my Theraphosa species in my collection are good at kicking hairs all over the place.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
My Brachypelma boehmei kicks at anything but is never bald. I mean, she kicks when I open the enclosure, she kicks when I feed her, she kicks when I move the enclosure, she kicks when I fill the water dish. She just kicks.

It a mystery.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi everyone, I've noticed there seems to be some species of T, that even with the best husbandry and most chilled environment still seem to be permanently bald.
It feels like the vast majority of C. Versicolor and GBB pictures i see posted they all tend to have bald bottoms, but I'd love to hear other peoples experiences with their flickiest fuzz balls.
I’ve owned tons of both and NEVER had a single one bald

You’re seeing the mirror patch.

In fact I’ve never had a bald T.

Most - B boehmei

Ian14

Arachnobaron
My newly acquired Pamphobeteus sp Cascada. Opened its enclosure to offer food and was met by a raised abdomen and hairs being flicked at a rate of knots.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
update: I rehoused my boehmi this weekend and she is/was now showing classic boehmi behavior. Machine gun flicking. Never before has she done it, but she was in full effect

Table

Arachnosquire
My Lasiodora parahybana flicks hair every time I go near fer enclosure. In her defense she's in premolt so.

Timc

Arachnosquire
I have a couple species with reputations as hair flickers, B. boehmei, L. parahybana, N. chromatus, T. vagans and it’s pretty rare that I get kicks from them. They have suitable hides they run to when disturbed. I’ve only ever seen truly bald tarantulas in pet stores, at shows, and on Craigslist.