The end.....

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Today at 6, the vet is coming to put my cat to sleep, thus ending her battle with cancer.

I feel as though if I cry too hard I may vomit....I fell ill.

If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

:( :( :( :( :(

Attachments

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hon, I am so sorry about your loss. I know that you have been doing all that can. You know when you get attached to animals, it really hurts when they die. And I don't know how anybody could have animals and not get attached. I have a dog, that I love just as much as my boys. I guess be comforted in knowing that she won't be suffering anymore. :( Pam

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm so sorry to hear that, I know how much your kitty means to you. I'm sending a big hug your way and I have you in my thoughts.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thanks guys. I miss her so much, but she went very quickly, and painlessly (well, pretty much). Shes not suffering now, and I know I gave her the best life, and saved her from a life as a stray. Thanks everyone.
:(
If you ever have to have a cat or dog put to sleep, DO IT AT HOME! Thats my recommendation. Lacey died at home, in my arms, surrounded by the people who loved her. :(

Craig

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
awww. i'm sorry about your loss. i really feel for you. :( i have a cat who is 16 years old. i'm kind of worried he won't make it this summer.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I am sorry to hear about that SS.
I love my dogs too (not as much as my child though...just wanted to set that straight LOL). However, when my Moka goes, I will be devastated. She's the best dog in the world, and I can't imagine life without her. I've lost beloved pets before, and it's heartbreaking.
Holley

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You have my sympathies SS. I'm a big drippy marshmallow when it comes to losing fuzzy pets. I've held a number of them as they passed away and it never gets any easier no matter where you are.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thanks everyone. :( Its day one without my little girl, and its hard and sad, but I'll get thru this.....(broken hearted)

and in a month, Ill bring a new fuzzie into my life, hopefully a ginger or tabby kitten.

Wont ever replace Lacey, but at least Ill get that unconditional love back. I couldnt live w/out cats...

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
s_s:
i'm sorry to hear about the loss of lacey. luckily, you got to hold her. my friend, rob, just lost his cat two days ago. he had her for 14 years. if you're interested in getting ahold of him, let me know. i think that you could both be helpful to each other in your times of mutual suffering.
krystal
p.s. i'm serious--i think you and my friend rob should talk. he's a very funny, very caring guy and he loves cats, too. you would both get along fabulously.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss.. I had 5 cats growing up... One was poisned, one was ran over, one ran away, one was killed by a dog, one got in a fight and was killed. Its hard to have pets... Its always in the back of your mind that their gonna die before you. At least it is for me. Sorry again.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I miss her terribly. Im just glad she chose me to share her life with.

When I get a kitten, I hope it will be a orange cat, and a girl, and Im going to name it Pekoe, like the tea. My dad was telling me about all the cats he had when he was a kid, and one of them was an orange cat named Pekoe, and I really liked the name.

Attachments

Cowshark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm so sorry, Spider Savior. She looks like a really sweet furball. I've had many kitties over the years, and losing them always hurts. Remember, your fuzzy baby loved you, and you gave her much love in her life.