The enclosure rating thread.

the liphistius guy

Arachnopeon
So, this is how it works:
1. You post a picture of your animals enclosure.
2. People rate it.
3. Nasty comments are not aloud.
4. Please be positive and kindly tell them what they could fix about their enclosure.

This is my trapdoor spider's enclosure: IMG_3252.jpg IMG_3254.jpg rate it.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Seems good. I would say probably a tad on the big side for a trap door. But works regardless.

I’d post my enclosures, but they are just so perfect that no one would be able to judge them.

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
Seems good. I would say probably a tad on the big side for a trap door. But works regardless.

I’d post my enclosures, but they are just so perfect that no one would be able to judge them.
Loving the confidence :lol: :p

mellow

Arachnobaron
Here's my Caribena versicolor sling enclosure! It made a big web tunnel shortly after I took the picture. 😃

IMG_20200703_132128682.jpg

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
As much as I appreciate the idea behind this thread I suspect it'll turn into a poop-storm if people start posting their enclosures.

One of my Isopod enclosures (I actually don't care if people rate it , it's been very effective) 20190603_070230.jpg

Last edited:

mellow

Arachnobaron
I love these enclosures, I build mine almost the same since I got the blueprint from a local breeder.

Do you glue your water bowl to the cork bark itself or on to the perspex?
Yeah I just put the water dish on the substrate right next to the cork bark. 😃

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
My C. Versi sling enclosure! The water dish is behind the bark structure :)
encl.jpg

the liphistius guy

Arachnopeon

The trappie is huge, alot bigger than the picture shows.

the liphistius guy

Arachnopeon

I also have been to the locality of this species of liphistius, and have seen what their habitat looks looks: bamboo leaves everywhere, red dirt.

ghostdragon22

Arachnopeon
You're aware that Pterinochilus murinus is not arboreal right?
Yes I’m aware, they’ve been reported to be semi arboreal but from what I have read in nature they usually make their burrows at the bases of trees, so I simulated that with the little hide and filled it with substrate. He’s been in their for only 1 day so he hasn’t had much time to do much, if you have any suggestions please let me know!

Attachments

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Yes I’m aware, they’ve been reported to be semi arboreal but from what I have read in nature they usually make their burrows at the bases of trees, so I simulated that with the little hide and filled it with substrate. He’s been in their for only 1 day so he hasn’t had much time to do much, if you have any suggestions please let me know!
Oof. That enclosure is many times too big (particularly way too tall) for that Tarantula. And they are terrestrial

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Should I add more substrate to allow it to become smaller in terms of height?
Personally, I don't think you can add enough substrate to that enclosure to get rid of the falling risk you have due to the height.

ghostdragon22

Arachnopeon
It’s only 4 inches in height, that’s too tall? I’m new to the hobby so please help anyway you can :)