The Disappearing Colony

ForeverTHC

Arachnopeon
Long story short, just received a small starter colony of B. dubia in the mail (around 150 total mixed sized). It seems like the minute i dumped them in they just kind of.... disappeared. Im pretty sure there werent any escapes, im pretty sure most of them were alive, but when i dig around looking for them, i find very few. Are these guys masters at hiding or do you think i got ripped?

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
They're pretty good at hiding and playing dead. I'm always amazed how many are actually in my container, they spend most of their time concealed. Did you do a rough estimate count before putting them in?

ForeverTHC

Arachnopeon
I did not. I wanted to, however they came before i got home from school, got home at 2:40 and I had to leave to work at 3:25. So i had just enough time to set up the egg flats and heating before having to leave. I didnt want to waste time and end up being late. Living in Michigan i wanted to get them out right away because i figured there would be some dead from the ride anyways but everything appeared okay and i didnt question it until after i got home that night. oh and also, are albinos common? i got a pretty big albino.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The albino one is just freshly molted. It'll darken up over time as the exoskeleton hardens.