The day has come

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
The day has come where my MM T. Albo is finally passing. Bought as a mature male from LPS somewhere around the beginning ofJuly, or the end of June. He has truly been a great old man for me, I wish I could've helped him with passing his genetics, but given I didn't know which locality he was, or when he matured, but perhaps he was bred and send off to my LPS who knows. Sucks, but that's nature, and he got a good life while I had him! Rest in webs and crickets, Mr. Magoo!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
May he be reincarnated into an eagle. Have a peaceful passing lil spider bro.

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
May he be reincarnated into an eagle. Have a peaceful passing lil spider bro.
Also since this thread, how do you discard of the carcass? I know people freeze them and can preserve them in several ways, besides that do people bury them, flush them, throw them in your A hole neighbors open car window?

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Dehydrating them is pretty straight forward. Be sure to account for contraction. Once rigor lets go you can pin it into the position you want and either make your own shadowbox (the rad option) or you can buy one from Michaels (lesser quality)
Edit: If you choose this option be sure to seal it off well. There are a few sneaky bugs that like to get into specimen collections and do serious damage.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I’m a burry them type of person myself. But the possibilities are endless I suppose. Just depends on what you’re comfortable with.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I threw my GBB into a jar of alcohol to keep him around, but he was also the first spider I raised from a sling so he has a lot of sentimental value.

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
If it recently passed, like within an hour or so, I give it to other tarantulas. If it is more than an hour, then I give it to my feeder insects.
Wasn't expecting that answer, but if it works, it works! I'm not sure my G. Porteri would take a meal that big, as she doesnt have the best appetite. Will keep in mind though.
Dehydrating them is pretty straight forward. Be sure to account for contraction. Once rigor lets go you can pin it into the position you want and either make your own shadowbox (the rad option) or you can buy one from Michaels (lesser quality)
Edit: If you choose this option be sure to seal it off well. There are a few sneaky bugs that like to get into specimen collections and do serious damage.
This seems like something I will consider for a T I'm more sentimental about, although I will look into doing that for future reference, as a nice shadowboxed specimen is just a really nice display piece.
I’m a burry them type of person myself. But the possibilities are endless I suppose. Just depends on what you’re comfortable with.
That will probably be the route I go, feels kind of right, I suppose.
I threw my GBB into a jar of alcohol to keep him around, but he was also the first spider I raised from a sling so he has a lot of sentimental value.
How long have you had the preserved T? Would you do this in the future?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I put dead Ts in the trash. They're just empty shells at that point. I have plenty of photos to remember them by.

I would have no problem with people doing the same to me once I'm dead. I won't be around to care.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
throw them in your A hole neighbors open car window?
Ooh gawd, I hope I’m not your neighbor! I drive a Jeep, pretty much can‘t miss with even the worst of throws. So with that, my vote is to Mail it to your a-hole boss or coworker and hope it’s not traced back to HR. Or just send it to @Poonjab with a nice note and sign it as his favorite all time tarantula YouTube‘r idol.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I make small viking ships and push them out to sea
and shoot flaming arrows at them
Epic! Please sign over the rights to this idea to me so I can start selling the:

T Memorial Starter pack:
  1. 1 blow up kiddie pool
  2. Paper for paper boat
  3. Box of matches (arrows)
  4. Sling to launch “arrows”
  5. Choice of:
  6. Complementary biodegradable bag for cleanup OR mini shovel for burial
3 easy payments of $33.98.
Emergency fire extinguisher add on available for those with crappy aim.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Epic! Please sign over the rights to this idea to me so I can start selling the:

T Memorial Starter pack:
  1. 1 blow up kiddie pool
  2. Paper for paper boat
  3. Box of matches (arrows)
  4. Sling to launch “arrows”
  5. Choice of:
  6. Complementary biodegradable bag for cleanup OR mini shovel for burial
3 easy payments of $33.98.
Emergency fire extinguisher add on available for those with crappy aim.
Whoa buddy. We need the licensing rights to VALHALLA CALLING. And it needs to explode in gloriousness. No simple trinket fires are gonna sate these spirits. You think we are gonna just diddle dance away if nothing is absolutely obliterated?