1. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

The Compleat Cockroach - David Gordon

Discussion in 'Book and Magazine Reviews' started by padkison, May 4, 2006.

1. padkison

padkison Arachnoangel Old Timer

Advertisement
    The title spelling is correct, see below

Compleat : Of or characterized by a highly developed or wide-ranging skill or proficiency

Complete : Having all necessary or normal parts, components, or steps; entire

This book covers cockroach biology, behavior and human/cockroach interaction. This is not a comprehensive, scientific type book, but rather a light hearted book about cockroaches.

That said, the book is a good read, covers the basics and does have a lot of interesting facts. The author has written 9 guides to North American wildlife and did his research to write this book.

Recommend

2. Fini

Fini Arachnoknight Old Timer

I thought it was a fun read, but wouldn't call it complete.

There are a couple other books that are a lot like this one that I haven't checked out yet.

<edit>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2006
  3. bugmankeith

bugmankeith Arachnoking Old Timer

I thought it was a good book, but the author could have given more specific information on caring for different species, and keeping them as pets. Pictures of various roach species would be nice too. Otherwise I found it very helpful.

4. IguanaMama

IguanaMama Arachnoangel Old Timer

This is a fun book to have if you like roaches. But it is really just for fun, it isn't for the serious cockroach breeder as it is not going to identify species for you or give you tips on how to keep or breed specific species. It is cheap enough, however, that every cockroach keeper should have a copy around. There are plenty of laughs in there too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.