The Columbian Lesserblack...

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sooooooo nice :D If you have one, you know what I mean. Freshly molted.
john

Attachments

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
and the bloomin' closup...pun intended.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, (drools) I can't wait until my sling grows some. Awsome pics LaRiz.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
wow john that is an amazing T, im really thinking about getting one there alittle pricey though what do you think about them??

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
John,
Nice pics!! It is a beautiful spider. I had one of these about 10 years ago, I bought it as an adult and it has since passed away.

Andy

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
X. immanis

Cool pic!! Way nice! Shes a prize!!

I"m waiting for a few of my 4" subadults females to get bigger, they love their pinkies!!

Here's a pic of my 4" subadult female Xenethis "blue bloom" before her most recent shed last week (wow). New pix soon!

N-Joy
Art

Last edited:

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice one...

They are awesome aren't they. :)

Phil

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Every single time you guys post these awesome pics, I add another T to my wish list.:rolleyes:

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i really hope the day comes when i can spring the money for one of those. until then ill just drool over pictures;P .

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nope....

Females look like that too. For a while I suspected mine was male but upon closer inspection it seems to be a nice looking girl . The big difference is when mature the males get the purple on the legs as well.

Phil

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Re: nope....

Originally posted by Phillip
Females look like that too. For a while I suspected mine was male but upon closer inspection it seems to be a nice looking girl . The big difference is when mature the males get the purple on the legs as well.

Phil
Ok, that's actually what I was thinking. I had a chance to buy a female at the reptile show in Columbus a couple months ago and she wasn't quite as striking as pics I've seen of males.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
depends...

Time after molting plays heavily into it.When fresh they look like the ones pictured here however before a molt they do dull quite a bit. Of the 2 adult females I kept in the past neither were quite this vivid but in fairness to them neither molted for me in the 2 tears I had them either. Regardless the purple was still there just not as fresh is all.

Phil

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
is this spider worth buying kinda pricey is it worth it?

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Sean
is this spider worth buying kinda pricey is it worth it?
I guess it depends on what it's worth to you. If you see it as just another large theraphosid, then you may want to spend your money on something else. They're one of the hardest tarantulas to get fertile eggsacs from. Would breeding be an issue to you?
I believe they're worth a good buck. Even though I believe that New Worlders are just another "pet rock" :D
john
PS Just kidding new world enthusiasts. They're just another itchy pet rock ;P

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree....

As John said it depends on whats valuable to you. Personally the rarity, size, and awesome coloration make them a must have as far as I'm concerned.

Phil