the bottomles pit

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so after watching my newly acquired spinifer(Leviathin/levi) gobble down 5 crickets in a row and then another cricket the morning after it got me to thinking.

my emperors although bigger then this guy do not eat nearly as much as he does.

has anyone keeping multiple species notice large variatons of apetite from scorp to scorp?

which scorpion is generalised to have the greatest appetite/food consumption?

at the moment i keep 3 different species of scorp but have only noticed my only spinifer as being a pig. although i have flatrocks arriving soon will be interesting t o see if there is a difference.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorps can vary in apetite between individuals, but over feeding is a possibility, some just don't turn down meals.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Flat rocks arent really known for their voraciousness, in fact most times I've only heard they eat once a month or so.

Of the ones I have, my spadix is the only one that almost never turns down a meal. My Centruroides will miss a week here and there, and often times I'll find a cricket still basking in the heat a week after I put him in. Same with my P. Trans juvie.

Your Heterometrus will more than likely be your only real pig :) It also depends alot on the individual. I've seen plenty of pictures of Emps stuffing their faces with 3 crickets, and have one in each claw waiting. Wonderful pictures of gluttony at its finest.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
depends on the temps you keep them at too

generally, a warmer bug will eat more than a cooler bug. it does not seem to be a linear relationship and there are upper and lower caps but... generally, yeah