The biggest pokie you have owned

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry I dont have one with a ruler yet She is freshly molted Here is one of my little 6 inch subfusca The ornata is not fully sterched here

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a huge female ornata that is pushing 8 1/2 inches just wondering What some of the biggest ones you have owned?
So far I have 5 pokies; the regalis (my largest so far), and slings of the ornata, rufilata, formosa and a metallica (on tuesday)

I definetly know the ornata and the rufilata are going to be my largest arboreal, 3rd to the famed l.parahybana and T.blondi

But the ornata and the rufilata have grown considerably since the 2 months I've owned them. My smallest pokie is so far is the formosa

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice ornata. How do you pick up a pokie without it all going skittish on you. I'm tempting to hold my regalis, with gloves of course

Jon3800

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice ornata. How do you pick up a pokie without it all going skittish on you. I'm tempting to hold my regalis, with gloves of course
Here's my baby ornata

Last edited:

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know how big my regalis is, but do you have the balls to do this? haha, just kidding! It's not correct to handle these tarantulas, but my regalis is a lady :p

kindest regards,

Pato.

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My big ornata female will be about 25 cm legspan with the next molt I think, she's about 22 cm at the moment.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Growth time

Nobody answered the ?? about how long it takes for Poecilotheria females to attain maximum size. Anybody had these beauties from slings? Di

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got mine about one year ago and She was about 6 1/2 sorry I have grown a rufitlata up from a slings and now she is 4 inches and its been a little more than a year

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nobody answered the ?? about how long it takes for Poecilotheria females to attain maximum size. Anybody had these beauties from slings? Di
Fed well and kept warm 3 years. Maybe less if you are a power feeder. Mine took 3-4 years with regular feedings and mild temps.