The "Best of Craigslist" thread

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So like the "Best of" section of craigslist, I would like to start one here. Whatever ridiculous posts you find, link it here.

I like looking at other cities and states on craigslist and looking at what people have for sale so I thought we could have a good read with this.

What I see mostly is:
"1 year old rose hair" and its a 4" plus spider.

Look at the setup:
http://collegestation.craigslist.org/pet/2174814309.html
----
"She is tame, she will let me show people her fangs with my fingers. "
http://orlando.craigslist.org/pet/2180599866.html

Last edited:

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The first one with what looks to be an aphonopelma hentzi is just some misinformed guy but the second is down right rediculis. I mean it likes to stand in the shalows? I can't believe most people were like this before the Internet.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The first one with what looks to be an aphonopelma hentzi is just some misinformed guy but the second is down right rediculis. I mean it likes to stand in the shalows? I can't believe most people were like this before the Internet.
Um... There's a turtle on there too.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I found one yesterday for a 'singapore blue cobalt blue' for $150. The picture was a borrowed one of a singapore blue on the internetz, but the picture of the actual tank itself had no arboreal anything in it, and just a hole in the ground

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You never know about the fang comment. I do have a video of me stroking my E. campestratus' fangs. She never flexed them or anything. I don't think I would try that now that she's molted though. My girl seems a bit more skittish now and not like the teddy bear that I could roll around in my hand if I wanted to.

That setup though was definitely off. I liked how he gave it stars to climb up so that it could possibly fall to its death.:rolleyes: At least the sand could soften the fall.:wall:

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I found one yesterday for a 'singapore blue cobalt blue' for $150. The picture was a borrowed one of a singapore blue on the internetz, but the picture of the actual tank itself had no arboreal anything in it, and just a hole in the ground

Sounds like the one on the Dallas/DFW (TX) list at the moment. The city it's listed in isn't far from me, and I will in fact be down there next weekend, but I'm mighty suspicious of the T.

On the other hand, I've gotten some really nice Ts for excellent prices off Craigslist.

Marga

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You guys are lucky. Anything cool listed here is flagged right away.

I had one flagged on Saturday with this title:

Tarantula Habitat Only, Nothing Alive Included! NO Tarantula!

I went on to specify a whole list of animals that were NOT included, just to be safe. Had me flagged in under an hour!

I went on to repost this:

http://erie.craigslist.org/for/2189543220.html

I think I am going to keep posting crap and getting flagged until I am banned.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You guys are lucky. Anything cool listed here is flagged right away.

I had one flagged on Saturday with this title:

Tarantula Habitat Only, Nothing Alive Included! NO Tarantula!

I went on to specify a whole list of animals that were NOT included, just to be safe. Had me flagged in under an hour!

I went on to repost this:

http://erie.craigslist.org/for/2189543220.html

I think I am going to keep posting crap and getting flagged until I am banned.
I'm not too familiar with craigslist; is there a policy against tarantulas or something?

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Craigslist does not allow pets to be sold. They can be listed with a "small rehoming fee" I am told.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
A rehoming fee is only added to giving the pet away, so it can go to a home where somebody actually wants it. Technically the pets are all free, but they have a rehoming fee ;) lol

And that's how they do it in Nebraska as well, haven't seen a single post flagged yet....