Resolved The Banners at the Top of the Screen

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I hope this is the right place to post this, I've never really made a post like this before.

The yellow banners at the top of the screen have become frequent enough to become distracting, and at this point they have essentially been advertisement. Is there any way to disable them, and if not, could there be? They were useful when they were about a website shutdown, but at this point they seem to serve little purpose.

Pepper

Arachnosquire
I dont see them, but im on mobile. If you're technology inclined, look into the browser extension Greasemonkey. You can disable elements of a single website that have the same tag, and i bet thats what youre seeing.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I hope this is the right place to post this, I've never really made a post like this before.

The yellow banners at the top of the screen have become frequent enough to become distracting, and at this point they have essentially been advertisement. Is there any way to disable them, and if not, could there be? They were useful when they were about a website shutdown, but at this point they seem to serve little purpose.
I'm assuming you're talking about this:

upload_2019-12-4_3-32-59.png

That is our forum Notices system. When we have something that we want to let all users know about, we use the notice system. If a notice is dismissible all you have to do is click the "x" in the upper right corner and you won't see the same notice again. If we put another notice up, it will come up again and you can close it again. You won't see the same notice once you dismiss it. :) The current notice is to let users know that we have site merchandise and arachnosupporter upgrades on sale. If you don't dismiss it before hand, it will disappear on its own when the sale is over at 3 pm EST 12-4-19.

Regards,
MrD.