The Avicularia Photo Thread

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by safetypinup

Avicularia versicolor, Female
Hi Flannery,
You must have got your photos mixed up because that's a male. Count the sections on the palps. See the fourth, in your photo it shows a cymbium (mature male anatomy only), in a female, a standard palpal tarsus would be the fourth visible appendage. Unless you have the worlds first transexual tarantula, but I have to tell you, he's crossdressing ;)

Cheers,
Steve

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by safetypinup
lol :)
Actually, forgot to mention this, but she's also possibly gravid. hehe....So *DEFINITELY* not a male ;)
Uh oh, he's not just crossdressing, he's got a limp tarsus! No that there's anything wrong with that, after all he's an A.versicolor and I've heard versi's could lean in that direction, on account they are all "prettied" up as opossed to your standard Avic. It's good to see one come out so brazenly, tell him I'm right there, supporting his cause.

Steve

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Here's the new A. avicularia I picked up yesterday. She's about 2 inches. All my spiders are female until proven otherwise BTW. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the time when my 1/2" sling starts showing some color!
Thanks Nixy for lightening up that pic for me...

Last edited: