The Avicularia Photo Thread

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now my Avics Flock to me!Flock to me!Post your pictures so I can use my Mollecular-Bringer-to-lifer-of-pictures and take over the world muahahahaha!!!

Actually just post ignore the above.

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Avic ancylochira

Avic ancylochira

Cool beans!

I'd love to have one of those!

N-Joy
Art

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Here's my only Avic, a female A. aurantiaca named Maggie.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Here's my cute little 1/2" A. avicularia. For some reason I can't get a good picture of it, they always turn out too dark.

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hm, didn't think there was any avic looking a bit like A.Aurentiaca also having those same orange bands. But I'm far from any fountain of knowledge or experience..
EDIT: Hmm, from second consideration : I can't actually see that those bands are indeed orange, so you should prolly nm what I said above.

Anyway, here's Shadow in her 'hunter's pose', seen last November 02:

Last edited:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I found my small A. versicolor molted this morning. It is beautiful dark blue and shiney now, but I haven't been able to get a good pic yet.

Dennis

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Avicularia versicolor, Female

Avicularia minatrix, Imported juvenile

Friendly little beasts, aren't they? :)

Last edited:

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey John, you sure that's not a male versicolor? Looks like bulbs at that camera angle. ;)

bill

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hmmm...

Originally posted by invertepet
Hey John, you sure that's not a male versicolor? Looks like bulbs at that camera angle. ;)

bill
hey bill, i have to agree with you on that one, looks more of a male to me as well!

James

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by monantony

Matt (isnt it?)
You might want to edit your post..WC ??? The hills have eyes dude! Besides I think that kinda % markup on the WC stuff is stiff.....I'd pay $150 for a confirmed cb/raised Female minatrix but an unknown wc...?!?!?
Tony

First of all...No, I'm not Matt.

Second of all, the minatrix pictured is not from the same batch as the ones on e-spiderworld's price list (if that's what you're referring to), and, in fact, do not even belong to e-spiderworld.

Just because I post a picture of a spider does not mean that it is property of e-spiderworld and/or appears on the pricelist. Contrary to popular belief, I have a life outside of e-spiderworld, and, amazingly, I have tarantulas of my own! (over 70 of them to be exact).

Certainly didn't mean to offend :p

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet

bill
I'm not John either. lol :)
I noticed the bulbs, as well, but luckily it was just the camera angle. She's definitely a "she" :}

Flannery

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol :)
Actually, forgot to mention this, but she's also possibly gravid. hehe....So *DEFINITELY* not a male ;)

Also...On another note...
I did mis type the original post. The minatrix were imported, but I am not sure if that particular one was Wild Caught or not. My mistake. :)

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by monantony
Hi "No I'm not Matt"
Ive seen some posts of yours and the way they are written so I get the e-spiderworld connection...since matt has had a big online presence I was guessing it might be him. There is the gist of my message mostly, but posting it as WC from an obvious closed country wouldnt be prudent, though I assume once they are in the country it would be hard for someone to pick out of all the others as cb here wc there... still we all know there are a bunch of these floating around from overseas, and whence they came, so I hate to see anymore attention given to them in case more are coming and they get confiscated. I do know that if someone tried to import them through Ohare they would be more on top of it. Anyway its great there are a bunch of them around now as I have several sub males coming and this only means more minatrix for us in the future. Last time they were bred I think was 8-01,and offered 2 years before as imports, but for some reason Todd hasnt mentioned it in his big history section...
Tony
(I mean bred in qty) (( possobly gravid, have you bred her? I have a feeling these ones coming in from overseas have been held back long enough to drop and now are released to us..Babies coming soon? ))

Yeah, as I said, the "WC" part was mistyped...They were imported, but do not belong to e-spiderworld, so I am not sure of their technical origin...Maybe I ought to edit that, eh? lol...

As for the versi...We bred her here a couple months ago, along with another female (both to the same male), so we'll have to wait and see.

Have you done any minatrix breeding? I've heard they are fairly difficult to breed in captivity. I've never attempted, myself, but it would definitely be an interesting project.

Flannery

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by LPacker79
Here's my cute little 1/2" A. avicularia. For some reason I can't get a good picture of it, they always turn out too dark.

Here LPacker79,, lightened it up a tad for ya. Hope that helps.

:)

Attachments