The amazing terrestrial Regalis.

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I went to get out my little P. Regalis this morning. It is no where to be seen.

'Hmmm, under the moss perhaps? No, not there. Hiding in the back of the cork bark? Not there either... Double check the lid, it might have stuck to the seam. Curses! This cannot be. Well, there is a little piece of moss flush with the substrate here back behind the cork bark.'

Low and behold under the webbed moss-lid there are four pokie legs awaiting, resting at the edge of the small burrow! I nudged the substrate and it came right out on to my finger and has been sitting stretched out on the cork bark all day as usual. My arboreals are rarely near the ground let alone in it... Too funny.

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have a P. ornata sling doing the same thing right now. Pretty funny, like a little Haplopelma. :D

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
when P. Regalis like other ornamentals, are young, they spend a lot of time ont eh floor, and even dig! so ye, looks different tho dont it :D

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I take a piece of branch and drill the center out. After which I drill a bunch of holes along the sides. My pokie babies stay in these and seem very content and they never really go down to the ground except to molt (which they do inside also). Here are some pics.

Container view

Feeding time I pop the cork off and it comes to grab some crickets. Notice the cricket it webbed to the wall while waiting for seconds.

The cork to give her privacy…hehe

Window view

Steph

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey thats a great idea! I will have to try that myself. After all I am in a state full of trees.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hollowed out log

Yes, really great idea! I have used pieces of bark leaned over to make a shelter hide, but this idea is even better, and probably more closely resembles the tree hides they use in the wild. Ill have to try this with my next enclosure. Thanks for the pics and idea!

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really cool setup. I eoulf love to try that with my soon to arrive pokies. Thanks for the idea.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I’m glad you guys like it :) . The only things I would do different is to not use white birch (sucks when trying to take pictures it all gets washed out due to the white) and I would make the side holes much bigger to accommodate future molts. I’m going to make new ones soon with the new ideas in mind.

I would love to see pictures of all of yours when you are done and if any other good ideas come up I would like to hear those as well.

Steph

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes yes, rather than buying corkbark and leaning it over. i like this. thank you for the great idea! i HAVE to do this :]

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice idea and I agree that I won't be using paper birch. I think a big ol' gnarled hardwood knot would work and look cool. I'll have to go hiking. I really like the top plug and your T coming for crickets!

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice idea and I agree that I won't be using paper birch. I think a big ol' gnarled hardwood knot would work and look cool. I'll have to go hiking. I really like the top plug and your T coming for crickets!
I thought you would like the idea. I can picture what your thinking and I like it. Make sure to post pics when you are done.

Steph

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Almost like a T in da box, pretty cool idea!!!

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Why take the cork off? Surelyleaving the spider to come out and grab food would be better than disturbing the spider ?

Great idea though! Shall have to try it :D

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They really do not seem to mind one bit. And I like to tong feed most of my arboreals.

Glad you like the idea.

Steph