The Adventure of Cleaning Enclosures.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Of course I don't. I check on my T's three times a day because I want everything to be okay. I have another enclosure for her when she molts but it's currently too big for her. Honestly, that was the first time I ever handled them, I never got them with the intention of handling and I don't plan to really do it again.
Wow, I think my comment came across wrong, I really didn't mean to criticize handling, I know how Homoeomma (Euathlus) is like ;).
You don't come across as a not-caring person, which is why I don't understand why you disagree with adding substrate so much..
A.chalcodes grows really slow so it will be some time before she is ready for that other enclosure. Which is why it is important to get her set up right because she will probably be in there for a while.
Unsolicited advice can suck, but it is not meant to put you down. There have been threads about fallen Theraphosidae, and it is simply horrible. So first thing a keeper thinks if he sees that much space between lid and substrate is 'o god, that spider is very much at risk!, I have to tell her NOW!'
So without getting into the fun story, people tell it right away, no matter how funny and light a post is. ;)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Honestly, I already added a lot more substrate after I posted that photo. Instead of asking if I had though, people automatically assumed I hadn't and started making it seem like I didn't care for my T's and was inept.
Your first replies didn't say that you did, and you disagreeing didn't give the impression you did ;)

Caitlin

Arachnopeon
Wow, I think my comment came across wrong, I really didn't mean to criticize handling, I know how Homoeomma (Euathlus) is like ;).
You don't come across as a not-caring person, which is why I don't understand why you disagree with adding substrate so much..
A.chalcodes grows really slow so it will be some time before she is ready for that other enclosure. Which is why it is important to get her set up right because she will probably be in there for a while.
Unsolicited advice can suck, but it is not meant to put you down. There have been threads about fallen Theraphosidae, and it is simply horrible. So first thing a keeper thinks if he sees that much space between lid and substrate is 'o god, that spider is very much at risk!, I have to tell her NOW!'
So without getting into the fun story, people tell it right away, no matter how funny and light a post is. ;)
Your first replies didn't say that you did, and you disagreeing didn't give the impression you did ;)
I realized after taking the picture of her in her burrow that she did need more substrate. Before I got the chance to say that though, I felt like I was being criticized even though I'd already took the kind advice from Ellenantula that was first given. I wasn't upset about the substrate, I understood that, but the way things were stated implied that I didn't understand or care for my T's.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Honestly, I already added a lot more substrate after I posted that photo. Instead of asking if I had though, people automatically assumed I hadn't and started making it seem like I didn't care for my T's and was inept.
well its not an assumption if you dont make it known to the world, lol

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Well, I am happy for Big Butt Billie then! And you get to enjoy watching her bulldozing until the new setup meets with her approval! :)