The 5th order...

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...Craterostigmomorpha....

And the complete taxonomie of this class with Img of the all the spanish spp. that I know ( sure there are more spp.) for ilustrate a bit...what I'm trying to say...

Class Chilopoda
Subclass Notostigmophora
Order Scutigeromorpha
Family Pselliodidae
Family Scutigeridae
Family Scutigerinidae

Scutigera coleoptrata

Subclass Pleurostigmophora
Order Lithobiomorpha
Family Henicopidae*
Family Lithobiidae*

Lithobius forficatus

Order Scolopendromorpha
Family Scolopendridae*
Subfamily Scolopendrinae*
Subfamily Otostigminae
Family Scolopocryptopidae*
Subfamily Scolopocryptopinae*
Subfamily Newportiinae
Subfamily Kethopinae*
Family Cryptopidae*
Subfamily Cryptopinae*
Subfamily Plutoniuminae*

Scolopendra cingulata.

S. oraniensis

Order Geophilomorpha
Suborder Placodesmata
Family Mecistocephalidae
Suborder Adesmata
Superfamily 1
Family Neogeophilidade
Superfamily 2
Family Geophilidae (Geophilus)*
Superfamily 3
Family Geophilidae (other genera)*
Family Linotaeniidae*
Clade 1 (Macronicophilidae + (Aphilodontidae +
Dignathodontidae)
Clade 2 (Eucratonychidae + Eriphantidae + (Gonibregmatidae
+ (Oryidae)
Clade 3 (Schendylidae* + (Ballophilidae + Himantariidae)

(unknown sp.)

Order Craterostigmomorpha
Family Craterostigmidae

But what happend whit this last order? Somebody can help me to know something more? Pictures will be glad also:}

Cheers
Carles

P.D: Sorry for the so big explanation...

Last edited:

millipeter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,
The order Craterostigmomorpha is restricted only to Tasmania. Look
>HERE< for general Informations and >HERE< for a nice pic (down).

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cheers millipeter. That is all the info that I've already red... so I whant some more info if you can give to me...

In other hand, Have some of you any pic make by youlselve of this bugs? will be interesting...

And what about of the sice?

Cheers
Carles

millipeter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think these ones are quite small and around 1 inch.

Check out this literature about this order for more info:

Borucki, Hendrik; Rosenberg, Jörg (1997): Transport-active organs within the 'ano-genital' capsule of Craterostigmus tasmanianus (Chilopoda, Craterostigmomorpha). - Zoomorphology 117 (1): 49-52 - (ISSN: 0720-213X).

Carcupino, Marcella; Fausto, Anna Maria; Ortega, Maria Luisa Bernardino; Zapparoli, Marzio; Mazzini, Massimo (1996): Spermatophore development and sperm ultrastructure in Craterostigmus tasmanianus (Chilopoda, Craterostigmomorpha). - Zoomorphology 116 (3): 103-110 - (ISSN: 0720-213X).

Dohle, Wolfgang (1990): Some observations on morphology and affinities of Craterostsgmus tasmansanus (Chilopoda). - In: Minelli, A. [Ed.], Proceedings of the 7th International Congress of Myriapodology. E.J. Brill, Leiden, 480pp.: 69-79 - (ISBN: 90-04-08972-1).

Ernst, Alfred; Rosenberg, Jörg; Mesibov, Robert; Hilken, Gero (2002): Sensilla coeloconica on the maxillipede of the centipede Craterostigmus tasmanianus Pocock, 1902 (Chilopoda, Craterostigmomorpha). - Abhandlungen und Berichte des Naturkundemuseums Görlitz 74 (2): 207-214 - (ISSN: 0373-7586).

Mesibov, Robert (1995): Distribution and ecology of the centipede Craterostigmus tasmanianus Pocock, 1902 (Chilopoda: Craterostigmomorpha: Craterostigmidae) in Tasmania. - Tasmanian Naturalist 117: 2-7 - (ISSN: 0819-6826).

Müller, Carsten H. G.; Meyer-Rochow, Victor Benno (2006): Fine structural description of the lateral ocellus of Craterostigmus tasmanianus Pocock, 1902 (Chilopoda: Craterostigmomorpha) and phylogenetic considerations. - Journal of Morphology 267 (7): 850-865 - (ISSN: 0362-2525).

Prunescu, Carol-Constantin (1965): Le système génital et trachéal de Craterostigmus (Craterostigmomorpha, Chilopoda). - Revue Roumaine de Biologie, Série de Zoologie 10 (5): 309.

Prunescu, Carol-Constantin; Mesibov, Robert; Shinohara, Keizaburo (1996): Preliminary data on the anatomy of the genital systems in Craterostigmus tasmanianus (Craterostigmomorpha) and Esastigmatobius longitarsis (Henicopidae, Lithobiomorpha) (Chilopoda). - In: Geoffroy, J. J.; Mauries, J. P.; Nguyen Duy-Jacquemin, Monique (Eds.): Acta Myriapodologica - Mémoires du Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle, tome 169, 682 pp.: 341-346 - (ISBN: 2-85653-502-X; 1243-4442).

Rosenberg, Jörg; Müller, Carsten H. G.; Hilken, Gero (2006): Ultrastructural organization of the anal organs in the anal capsule of Craterostigmus tasmanianus Pocock, 1902 (Chilopoda, Craterostigmomorpha). - Journal of Morphology 267 (3): 265-272 - (ISSN: 0362-2525).