That time of year

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
End of the rainy. Green and clouds and crystal clear air. Still getting smacked around by the Hand Foot and Mouth crud but my bike got to whimpering really loud...

Next door to us

Agony! Forbidden! All my dirt roads are mud right now, clay, slicker than snot on a doorknob.

Can you find the bird?

Heavy traffic. The blues are about to pounceth upon me.

Here comes the blues. Don't ever want to end the trip. Want to see what the other side of those hills look like. And the ones beyond.

A Buddha looks out from a hilltop

Hello!

Oh dear. Another quiet country road needs a visit. The tree on the right is the spirit tree at the headwaters of our river.

Oh horrors! Floods everywhere the people complain.
The King gently suggests, "Plant mixed deciduous forests."
Where's the profit in that? the people snivel.
Typical erosion from removing some trees on a hillside.

Coconuts. Never a monkey around when you need one.

Raintrees.

River looks a little overgrown along here

The little sheds in the rice fields are a break from the sun during planting time

Oh no. Another lonesome road wants company

Environmentally friendly verge mowers

And sigh, home again to our stretch of river. Can't wait to go for another ride.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah ah, such a wonderful place. Think about those kind of fools that, after 10 minutes, already miss the chaos of L.A, N.Y, Chicago, London, Roma etc

Casey K

Arachnoknight
End of the rainy. Green and clouds and crystal clear air. Still getting smacked around by the Hand Foot and Mouth crud but my bike got to whimpering really loud...

Next door to us

Agony! Forbidden! All my dirt roads are mud right now, clay, slicker than snot on a doorknob.

Can you find the bird?

Heavy traffic. The blues are about to pounceth upon me.

Here comes the blues. Don't ever want to end the trip. Want to see what the other side of those hills look like. And the ones beyond.

A Buddha looks out from a hilltop

Hello!

Oh dear. Another quiet country road needs a visit. The tree on the right is the spirit tree at the headwaters of our river.

Oh horrors! Floods everywhere the people complain.
The King gently suggests, "Plant mixed deciduous forests."
Where's the profit in that? the people snivel.
Typical erosion from removing some trees on a hillside.

Coconuts. Never a monkey around when you need one.

Raintrees.

River looks a little overgrown along here

The little sheds in the rice fields are a break from the sun during planting time

Oh no. Another lonesome road wants company

Environmentally friendly verge mowers

And sigh, home again to our stretch of river. Can't wait to go for another ride.
Now that's beautiful! Do you ever get out and pet the yaks or whatever they're called? Are they wild or domesticated? Where the hills touch the sky.....so pretty!

Casey K

Arachnoknight
Ah ah, such a wonderful place. Think about those kind of fools that, after 10 minutes, already miss the chaos of L.A, N.Y, Chicago, London, Roma etc
I don't do well in congested suburbs. Can't do it. I'm more country.....peaceful ....quiet.....clean air.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't do well in congested suburbs. Can't do it. I'm more country.....peaceful ....quiet.....clean air.
Quite frankly only a fool, according to my life vision and views, will exchange such a natural, wild, quiet place for a "megalopoli" where people are just like ants :-s

Thank God I live in a city that remained old style and not a mess like Milano. Christ, Milano... not even mentioning N.Y or else :)

The Snark

Old Timer
I am fortunate I was able to move here, enjoy the country. I can't handle cities at all now. We have the second largest city in the country only 10 miles away. Smog and very heavy traffic. When I go to the city I actually suffer physiological distress. Anxiety syndrome. Elevated pulse and BP, disorientation. Comes from spending most of my life in the boonies. It is hard for me to just go back home after my bike rides. The other day I gave into the wanderlust, went an extra 30 km. Came home with malignant hyperthermia. Was worth it to get up into a bit of the forest proper.

Do you ever get out and pet the yaks or whatever they're called? Are they wild or domesticated?
Snerk. Kwai. Water buffalo. Bridge on the river Kwai? Water buffalo river.
You don't want to pet kwai. Filthy. They are very similar to pigs. Love mud wallows, even make their own pee and feces wallows. We leave kwai petting to the tourists. Most kwai are self domesticated. One of the most laid back animals on earth.
Kwai trivia:
- Extreme longevity. 120 years for most species.
-By far the strongest bovine in the world. Up to 6 times stronger than a horse. 1 horsepower=~750 lbs wheeled cart drawn up a 45 degree slope. 1 kwai power=4,500 lbs up the same 45 degree slope.
-Their legs are only 2 feet long yet they commonly possess the musculature of an un-fat 2500 lb draft horse.
-Are partially aquatic similar to a hippo. Can live for days at a time partially submerged in water.
-Self regulate metabolism at will, similar to hibernation.
-Allow a symbiosis with numerous types of birds. The kwai provide a perch and great degree of safety from predators and in turn, the birds feed off the insect pests the kwai attract.

I contend kwai are in fact oversize pigs crossed with a Caterpillar D8 crawler. The horns are a disguise.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
No wonder that majority of people are so screwed up. Those huge giant cities I named before (and others) are nothing but the reinforced concrete semblance of certain modern societies 'soul': a pressure cooker ready to explode.

It's not even a matter of vile cash, for that I know certain freaks that wouldn't live in such places, not even into a 'full of every useless comfort' castle, because sooner or later they will have nostalgia for the madness they leaved :-/

It's a privilege and a honor to live in places like the ones we can see in this photos.

Casey K

Arachnoknight
I am fortunate I was able to move here, enjoy the country. I can't handle cities at all now. We have the second largest city in the country only 10 miles away. Smog and very heavy traffic. When I go to the city I actually suffer physiological distress. Anxiety syndrome. Elevated pulse and BP, disorientation. Comes from spending most of my life in the boonies. It is hard for me to just go back home after my bike rides. The other day I gave into the wanderlust, went an extra 30 km. Came home with malignant hyperthermia. Was worth it to get up into a bit of the forest proper.

Snerk. Kwai. Water buffalo. Bridge on the river Kwai? Water buffalo river.
You don't want to pet kwai. Filthy. They are very similar to pigs. Love mud wallows, even make their own pee and feces wallows. We leave kwai petting to the tourists. Most kwai are self domesticated. One of the most laid back animals on earth.
Kwai trivia:
- Extreme longevity. 120 years for most species.
-By far the strongest bovine in the world. Up to 6 times stronger than a horse. 1 horsepower=~750 lbs wheeled cart drawn up a 45 degree slope. 1 kwai power=4,500 lbs up the same 45 degree slope.
-Their legs are only 2 feet long yet they commonly possess the musculature of an un-fat 2500 lb draft horse.
-Are partially aquatic similar to a hippo. Can live for days at a time partially submerged in water.
-Self regulate metabolism at will, similar to hibernation.
-Allow a symbiosis with numerous types of birds. The kwai provide a perch and great degree of safety from predators and in turn, the birds feed off the insect pests the kwai attract.

I contend kwai are in fact oversize pigs crossed with a Caterpillar D8 crawler. The horns are a disguise.

That's so cool. Now I want one. Thanks Snark. Lol....

The Snark

Old Timer
That's so cool. Now I want one.
A few of minor problems. Turns back yard into a series of mud wallows. Swishes drippy poopee loaded tail that can fling the muck up to 20 feet, has one gear: granny low - erfective for plowing deep mud rice fields but that 10 mile camping trip can take 2 or 3 days to get there, and will get lonely or moody and bellow which loud enough to make your eyes unfocus at close range.