That explains it, P exitialis breeding

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is a much better result then my last try with this species. About a year ago I left the pair together for about a week. She tore him up. When I removed him he was missing a leg and leaking from a few parts. I was hoping that he had gotten the job done. But with more than a year of waiting and seeing no signs of an impending brood I figured I had to try again. Now I have to wait the 7-10 months gestation period.

The tank is a 40 gallon that was just set up this afternoon. It is still a little bit dry. Sorry for the dirty glass, and I know it's a little dry. Water has been added to other parts of the tank and should spread over to that side soon.

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats John- those are some cool scorps... Looking forward to doing those purchases/trades with you. Great job at all your captive breeding.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Graham. I'm really hoping to get a nice decent sized brood from her. It looks like there finished. for now.

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Graham. I'm really hoping to get a nice decent sized brood from her. It looks like there finished. for now.
Woot! Congrats John! I know you've been working with this species for some time now. Good luck on the future brood, I'm sure we'll talk soon.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey, hope it all works out and you get some babies! By the way, the tank is a little dry.

Just kidding! :D

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
Good luck, John! Glad it was successful. It is interesting, however, that some species are communal and different species from the same genus aren't as communal. Again, hope you get some nice babies!;)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does one usually sting the other? I noticed the tail on the last pic but I don't keep scorpions . . . yet.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
scorpionmom It might have been that she was just not in the mood. I think big problem was that I introduced him to her tank. She was therefore more territorial that way. Now that they pair is shareing a much larger tank I think they should be able to stay out of each others way.

ZergFront males sting the females as part of courtship. The females become much more passive after the sting.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh wow, I never knew that. Scorpion date rape venom. {D