That can't be...

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
Update in the newb adventures of Cassiusstein-

My Avic. Versicolor molted for the second time, and more than doubled in size?!?! What in the hell? Did someone replace my T???

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Sometimes a t can put on quite a bit of size in one molt. I've had a 1 1/2 inch P.vitatta sling hit almost 3 inches in one molt. It happens often.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
Sometimes a t can put on quite a bit of size in one molt. I've had a 1 1/2 inch P.vitatta sling hit almost 3 inches in one molt. It happens often.
Pretty much what just happened, she barely fits in her corkwood tube anymore :wideyed:

Risto N

Arachnopeon
Update in the newb adventures of Cassiusstein-

My Avic. Versicolor molted for the second time, and more than doubled in size?!?! What in the hell? Did someone replace my T???
Haha my A versicolor just did the same last Thursday. Definitely did a double take when I looked into the deli cup.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
Haha my A versicolor just did the same last Thursday. Definitely did a double take when I looked into the deli cup.
She had her little toes sticking out of her hide so I offered a cricket, and when she moved toward the cricket I saw the rest of her body hanging on the other side. Her carapace alone seemed as big as she was just a day ago :eek:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She had her little toes sticking out of her hide so I offered a cricket, and when she moved toward the cricket I saw the rest of her body hanging on the other side. Her carapace alone seemed as big as she was just a day ago :eek:
You may want to hold off feeding her for at least a few days and possibly as long as a week or more. (Longer waits for larger spiders.) Tarantulas are highly vulnerable during and just after a molt. Their exoskeletons and fangs are still soft and easily damaged. Some prey items - like crickets - will take advantage of that vulnerability to nibble on your pet and could potentially injure or even kill her. She could also damage her fangs by trying attack a cricket and/or feed while they are still soft. It's safer to wait - tarantulas can go quite a while without food.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
You may want to hold off feeding her for a week or so. Tarantulas are highly vulnerable during and just after a molt. Their exoskeletons and fangs are still soft and easily damaged. Some prey items - like crickets - will take advantage of that vulnerability to nibble on your pet and could potentially injure or even kill her. She could also damage her fangs by trying attack a cricket and/or feed while they are still soft. It's safer to wait - tarantulas can go quite a while without food.
Yes I know, thanks :embarrassed: I just hadn't realized she molted right away

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Grab yourself a P. irminia in the future, and prepare to be amazed.
Damn right.. I have not seen mine for months, but fed her regularly.. mine has a burrow and a dirt curtain ATM.. after a few months the monster appeared :eek: Holy s... how much it grew!

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Damn right.. I have not seen mine for months, but fed her regularly.. mine has a burrow and a dirt curtain ATM.. after a few months the monster appeared :eek: Holy s... how much it grew!
Ya it's crazy, and every time they throw a molt out it blows my mind. They're always twice the size of the last molt.

Last edited:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I was surprised recently by huge gains by my C.fimbriatus.. It's been growing (Meh kind of) slow from the less than half in spiderling it was three or so months ago to the 3/4 inch spider I saw about two weeks ago.. It molted four days ago and allthough I didn't get a great look at it I say it put on 3/4 of an inch with this last molt..