thanksgiving present for me

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok today i woke up and went and turned on some of my reptile lights, and started doing some feeding and watering, and was doing a little picture taking too. well my white spot assassins, i have 2 adults and 1 juvie, there are eggs in the bedding, and i have been spraying them down every dayish...well i was gonna take some pics of my adults, so i opened them up, and omg....wasnt expecting babies yet, atleast when it did happen was only excpecting maybe 5-10...well i quit counting after 20....then i got out my vials, and started rearranging the housing and pulled out the adults and juvie and placed them in seperate deli cups for now...then started getting one baby per vial....took fooooorrrrreeeeevvveeerrrrr.....anyways ended up with 76 babies hatched....couldnt believe it....so i am keeping the bigger ones out of the home and keeping it sprayed down for the next couple days incase some more hatch out.....still cant believe 76......

Last edited:

goldbread

Arachnopeon
NICE!
Are you planning on selling any of those babies?
And is inbreeding detrimental to these guys' health like it is with humans?

Geumbbang

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well i know that the guy i got the parents off of, he wants some, but not sure how many....and i thought about selling/trading some...maybe...and i aint sure about inbreeding, dont think they can, but i think they might be parthenogenic, meaning they dont need a male to produce young...

NICE!
Are you planning on selling any of those babies?
And is inbreeding detrimental to these guys' health like it is with humans?

Geumbbang

Balkastalkman

Arachnosquire
Those are great, i used to have i nice sized group of them, then i traded it. This really makes me want more. PM me if you want to trade or sell some.

Platymeris biguttata is in fact parthenogenic however mating pairs can also be observed. In my experiance if you have many of them you will see pairings alot. I wonder if they choose mating to parthenogenesis.

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i actually have a male and female, but dont know if they mate...havent seen em do it....

Those are great, i used to have i nice sized group of them, then i traded it. This really makes me want more. PM me if you want to trade or sell some.

Platymeris biguttata is in fact parthenogenic however mating pairs can also be observed. In my experiance if you have many of them you will see pairings alot. I wonder if they choose mating to parthenogenesis.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Congrats on the nymphs!!! This is one species I've wanted for a long time, to start a little breeding group. I'm glad you've had success :)

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How much do these guys go for? just woundering. and i mostly see them while thay are matting on my house X_x my moms terrified of them. do these guys only have the spikes on there back? ive seen some things on my house that look the same as the others but no spikey backs....

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
the ones you are talking about are native to texas....these are black with white spots...native to africa...and alot bigger....

How much do these guys go for? just woundering. and i mostly see them while thay are matting on my house X_x my moms terrified of them. do these guys only have the spikes on there back? ive seen some things on my house that look the same as the others but no spikey backs....

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, so there is many different ones then? *shrugs* i dont know much about insects so i asked.