My main critique is the wood. Since it is not cork and is directly touching the wet substrate it is inviting mold. That isn't to say you will definitely get it, or that it will be a big problem if you do; just that the way it is set up now, it is possible for it to pop up. It is possible to have non cork wood in an enclosure and not have mold, but it takes attention to detail on the part of the keeper. If you plan on wetting the substrate, you will need to wet it in sections that do not have wood touching it. If you keep the moisture away from the wood, mold shouldn't be a problem.
My last critique is that you seem to have no ventilation holes, or way to keep the door closed. I am going to guess that these details are still to come, but thought I should point them out anyway.
Otherwise, I like the background and the door looks great!
Way to not skimp on the acrylic (yours is very thick!) A few, hopefully helpful, ideas;
I find it easier to make holes in the door first because it it cracks, that's a bummer. If you have a drill, it could crack if you aren't good at working with acrylic yet. I prefer to melt holes now though, as it's easier and works great! You can get a soldering iron or such a tool for that, fyi.
I also like to dam the substrate by putting the bottom piece on the inside so that the weight of the substrate presses the plastic into the lip of the aquarium, just as an extra safety precaution. Sure it uses more material, but I like it.
Lastly, I'm personally against leaves and whatnot as they are great places for crickets to hide. Just something to think about.
Very good attempt. Its nice to see that you are taking the time to "Create" a better more varied home for your T. With each completed design, you will create more better designs from experience.
Keep it up. Your T will like it. The next one will be even better!
If you have not seen mine, check out "Enclosure Creations" (on here and Youtube) With each one I made (currently 15) I learned more and more what works and what does not. I also tried to change it up with each design.
Many thanks for the input people and the heads up on the wood and mould .......it's not finished yet a fewdetails to do like vents and lock....but i just couldn't resist posting it up.........thanks again guys......
You have a very nice setup, I like the background.
The wood touching the wet substrate could produce mold, like previously stated above.
I use wood I find at home in almost all my tanks and have never had an issue with mold, however I usually only mist the top and the side of the enclosures and if i mist the substrate I mist around the wood leaving about 3" dry around the wood.
When you drill ventilation use a sharp drill bit and let the drill do the work don't push on the drill to much it will more then likely crack or take a chip out of the acrylic when the bit comes out the other side. I put a piece of masking tap on the side I'm going to start drilling to prevent slipping and possibly leaving a scratch.