Thai Tiger V.S Thai Zebra

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by LaRiz
A tibit of trivia: albostriatum translates to white and striped.
Here's a pic of a specimen of Haplopelma albostriatum. An exceptionally white specimen no longer in my collection.
nice looking t john, i have a female that looks exactly like that in my freezer now she died from unkwon reasons (maybe old age?)--Jeff

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thank you all

Species ID has been confirmed with a local breeder/dealer as Haplopelma albostriatum, and the male has been traded for another species high on my wish list. The male is currently being sent for breeding to John Hoke who has a mature female.

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They did it again, but this time it's a subadult and I believe it's female. Sold as Thai tiger... anyone else think this is an albostriatum, or is it just me? Here's a pic:

Theraphosid Research Team

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,

Martin and I are sitting here together and having a breakfast (he is visiting me concerning the TarantulaExpo in Stuttagrt,Germany).. We've looked at the picture and we are very sure that this looks identical to the females we know as Haplopelma albostriatum . ATTENTION: There is a large colorvariation concerning the whole bodycolor within Hapl. albostriatum females. They can vary from light brown to nearly black,but the strippes are always more or less distinct!

Cheers, Volker + Martin

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks guys.:D

I was very pleased to see this lovely in the store along with a BEAUTIFUL H.lividum, and I immidiately snapped them both up. The albostriatum cost me $25, and the lividum was $45.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by VolkervonWirth
Hi,

Martin and I are sitting here together and having a breakfast (he is visiting me concerning the TarantulaExpo in Stuttagrt,Germany).. We've looked at the picture and we are very sure that this looks identical to the females we know as Haplopelma albostriatum . ATTENTION: There is a large colorvariation concerning the whole bodycolor within Hapl. albostriatum females. They can vary from light brown to nearly black,but the strippes are always more or less distinct!

Cheers, Volker + Martin
Wish I could have made it. Hope you had fun :)
Leon

webspinner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanx for clreaing up your topic nemisis, this was getting a little confusing.

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow... The albostriatum DEFINATELY proved itself a burrower! I know it usually takes a little while for a new T to get comfortable before it starts to make a burrow, but this one went to work as soon as the lights went out on her first night here! I was rather surprized at how calm it stayed when I was transferring it in to it's new home too. It didn't rear up or even try to bite the chop stick I was using to guide it. Amazingly calm for a Haplopelma. The lividum was the opposite, eager to rear up in display and slap at anything it considered intrusive.