Thai black tarantula

joshua Pitcher

Arachnopeon
I recieved a thai black tarantula of a friend it was in a death curl for like 3 weeks so I gave it hydration as much as possible it's all fine now it's in a new enclosure a exo terra I've made a starter burrow it's been in there like 2 weeks now it hasn't used the burrow it's just sat on the side of the glass there is plenty of substrate water bowl anyone that can help me out ⁸

Attachments

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
It can take fossorials a couple weeks to start burrowing into a new enclosure. Never seen anyone use a Exo Terra for a fossorial tarantula before as they are used for arboreal tarantulas but whatever floats your boat. I can see you have more substrate towards the back of enclosure and your substrate is moist so all you can do is wait longer for it to settle in man. Once it takes to burrow good luck seeing it, I rarely see my girl.

cold blood

Staff member
not an appirpriate terrestrial enclosure...even worse for a fossorial...Id suggest a quick re home.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Get a 13L (pictured) or 21L hobby life tub (you can order them from plasticboxshop or Amazon).

DSC_0001.jpg

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
It’s perfectly normal for Fossorials to take some time to adjust to their new environment.

As many people here have said, not the best choice of enclosure for this species. I house all my Fossorials in 5.5 Gallon Critter Cages. Here’s a pic of my E. murinus setup, but all of my other Fossorials are setup EXACTLY the same....
CD3D8616-E9C0-4DEC-806F-EFBB6D79E8F3.jpeg

chris thomson

Arachnopeon
i have a curly hair i got two days ago she moved around a coupe times but normaly just sits in a corner in a curl with her legs over her eyes or sits on the side of the tank. the tank is 80 segrees is she ok

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
i have a curly hair i got two days ago she moved around a coupe times but normaly just sits in a corner in a curl with her legs over her eyes or sits on the side of the tank. the tank is 80 segrees is she ok
Start your own thread please. This question has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

fried rice

Arachnoknight
It would be really helpful if you showed us a picture of your tarantula’s enclosure but you should make a new thread.