Texas Spider ID Requested!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Anyone have any idea what this might be? I am stumped beyond belief. It acts like a Salticidae with small jumpy movements and webbing behavior. It was found in leaf litter here in Spring Branch TX. Comal Co. It found in the same exact area as .25in Colonus hesperus, and a few other jumpers.
The patterning is unlike anything I have seen here or looked at online, it is maybe 1/8-1/5in dls (for scale it’s in a pill bottle) I am going to try and get a picture of the eyes here shortly. It is an absolutely gorgeous arachnid either way, I am likely going to try and rear it up to see if it gets any bigger to get an ID on it, And keep it until I figure out an ID. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me narrow this down. 5537D540-DEBB-4E2E-89F2-648DEA8AB3EE.jpeg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
That's correct! In the future, SpiderID is very good for ID'ing spiders. I'm an active member there along with TangledWebs and LittleSlingLover, who are both amazing at what they do.
I was a founding member (back when it was still Spiders.us, but sadly I haven't had the time to participate as much as I used to.

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
I was a founding member (back when it was still Spiders.us, but sadly I haven't had the time to participate as much as I used to.
That's good to know! Is your username 'LittleSlingLover' by any chance?

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Anyone have any idea what this might be? I am stumped beyond belief. It acts like a Salticidae with small jumpy movements and webbing behavior. It was found in leaf litter here in Spring Branch TX. Comal Co. It found in the same exact area as .25in Colonus hesperus, and a few other jumpers.
The patterning is unlike anything I have seen here or looked at online, it is maybe 1/8-1/5in dls (for scale it’s in a pill bottle) I am going to try and get a picture of the eyes here shortly. It is an absolutely gorgeous arachnid either way, I am likely going to try and rear it up to see if it gets any bigger to get an ID on it, And keep it until I figure out an ID. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me narrow this down. View attachment 385023
That appears to be a spider. (Only came here to see the “h” thing and was let down)