Texas rat.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got this little guy in a trade over the summer and has grown quite a bit! He's still a snappy little bugger though. He's really growing on me.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
do you mind posting a picture of the enclosure? I am interested in the design. Also were might one get one?

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Got adult Male an female an love them. My female is sweet an my male is a little feisty but doesnt nip anymore.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
do you mind posting a picture of the enclosure? I am interested in the design. Also were might one get one?
No problem. I will have them up shortly.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Got adult Male an female an love them. My female is sweet an my male is a little feisty but doesnt nip anymore.

Beautiful. I cant wait until my little man gets that big.

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just noticed your cage its a breeder cage I got one from petco for my milksnake. It has a slider for the middle but I dont know why they put the vents on the bottom part of the divider.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just noticed your cage its a breeder cage I got one from petco for my milksnake. It has a slider for the middle but I dont know why they put the vents on the bottom part of the divider.
I got mine from agway. I took out the divider. I had to glue the largest lid on the top because it was broken when I bought it.

Cody, this is the set-up. Nothing fancy, but its pretty spacious.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome!

Ha Ha I was really wondering about him.I just seen a for sale or trade or something post by you and thought of the snake.What is it eating now? I got another one I decided to keep about the same size I trade with you for.I swore it was a corn until I did some more research and picking at peoples expertize and found at it is a redder color form of the Texas Rat.Which we used to find more of those but are now getting scarce

I am sure glad you and MOBugGuy are enjoying them.:)

Last edited:

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh I would never sell this guy. As nasty as he can be at times, he has really grown on me. He's eating larger F/T pinkies now. He has already shed 3 or 4 times and is gaining some decent length. He's still a small fry though, but he's getting there ;)

Even as adults they look beautiful. And it looks like they get a shade or two darker as well. I cant wait until he is the size of MOBugGuy's snakes.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A LPS has a leucistic texas rat snake for sale that I am thinking of buying.Not a big fan of them but they are neat.I thought of breeding them to mine I find to just to see what comes out of it.:razz: It will be an experience I have been curious about way to long....

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Link to the LPS scroll down and you will see it.I question the pink eyes and not black like I would rather have...

http://www.ultimatereptiles.com/NewArrivals.htm

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
J. huff. thanks! I have been looking for something like that for my little scarlet milk snake.

<goes to searching...haha

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
J. huff. thanks! I have been looking for something like that for my little scarlet milk snake.

<goes to searching...haha
Look at petco or petsmart or something. There perfect for Milk snakes.

An J.huff My male is the only one that shed for me so far an he has gottin lighter. More olive yellow on him Ill try to post a pic later of him.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Such underrated 'lil beasts. Nice snake, huff.

Kevin, I would love to see what comes of a pairing like that, too. I have an adult male leucistic that I haven't given too much thought to as far as breeding, but the gears start turning whenever I see the other morphs.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here he is in his new skin.
Absolutely jaw dropping. People would consider dull colored snakes ugly, but IMO, they are beautiful. Especially with the different color shades and patterns on them.