Tetrigidae in captivity

XxMochiixX

Arachnosquire
I wanted to keep these for a while and finally found some! I haven't heard of anyone breeding them before but the adults don't seem hard to keep alive, I've had 2 in a semi-aquatic setup for a little over 3 months now. They're both females though and I haven't found a male yet. I'll update it if I ever get nymphs from them or find more!

Tettigidea armata
20201228_034011~2.jpg

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I wanted to keep these for a while and finally found some! I haven't heard of anyone breeding them before but the adults don't seem hard to keep alive, I've had 2 in a semi-aquatic setup for a little over 3 months now. They're both females though and I haven't found a male yet. I'll update it if I ever get nymphs from them or find more!

Tettigidea armata
View attachment 370256
Please do update if you are successful in breeding, what do you feed them on?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Give them a sandier area to oviposit in, keep relatively warm, and mist daily (not sure how much ventilation you have).

XxMochiixX

Arachnosquire
Give them a sandier area to oviposit in, keep relatively warm, and mist daily (not sure how much ventilation you have).
Alright done! I've been misting twice a day since it has a screened lid and keeping them at around 75 F

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Alright done! I've been misting twice a day since it has a screened lid and keeping them at around 75 F
That all sounds good. When I kept some I fed them oats, a bit of bran, and some fish flakes and they seemed to like that. I gave them an occasional sliver of apple/carrot/other fruit or veggie, but I think you giving them the moss will probably help with that.