Testing some new lenses

AndrewH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, basically part 2 of my Toledo Zoo thread lol. I stopped at the zoo again today, and decided to test out a couple of my new sigma lenses, that I traded for. Let me know what you think!

-Andrew

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice.
I was pondering how you could have gotten so much light into the seal photo, while obviously keeping the shutter time so very short, when I realized the seal looked a bit..metal-ish :D But really, the other subjects must have been in quite a bit of motion too, hm, what ISOs did you use, if you don't mind me asking? I see no noise.

Do you use unsharp mask during post processing?

Last edited:

AndrewH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Haha thanks! Yeah, most people thought the seal looked a bit fake, yet weren't convinced it was fake for who knows why. I just know I love the picture {D

I do some various odds and ends during post-processing, but normally I just resize, throw a border on, post, and call it good :p

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice shots here, I'm guessing you are using a super zoom?
I always have trouble getting good pictures at the zoo. The zoo here closes at 4pm, during which the sun is usually still out at full and I prefer to shoot the subject in shaded areas or when the sun has died down alittle. Shooting in the bright sun usually = blown out highlights or underexposed shots, but it seems you have done well controlling the lighting.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Beautiful pictures, I have to say the one of the gorilla is my favorite, I loooove that face. :)