Test pic Scolopendra w/babies

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Will the pic load automatically or do you have to click on a link?
john

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
you do have to click, but wow, what a pic!
you can use the button above that says "IMG" right above here to enter a URL to a pic.

whatever happens, that pic is awesome. like usual.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey thanks krucz36

I have a bunch of pics I'd like to share, but for some reason, I can't get them to load from a webhost (Printroom.com). I did click on the IMG icon, and after I copied and pasted the url in there, this is how it comes out. I don't know what I'm doing I guess.
I've been settling for posting pics using the browse button for attachments, but that kills the size and quality of my pics.
Here's another try at it.
john

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Took a look at your posts. You're doing it right, but I think it might be something with printroom. Not quite sure though....

Scott

Awesome Pics by the way. Are those the babies that I got from you???

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi Scott,

Yup, they're the ones. Can you pick out yours?
I kinda figured that it may be printroom that's not allowing the pic to load. I'm not totally computer literate, but I'm learning fast.
thanks,
john

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I've never seen a mother pede stretched out bum side up like that... was she cannibalized or just resting? :)

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She's alive and well. She was a wonderful mother. Very caring. She was laid out like that for close to two months. She never left to get water or anything. Babies never cannibalized either.
john

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
that URL you're using seems to be loaded with unusual characters. maybe the vB is having trouble parsing that bad boy.
it seems other folks have had success with more complicated URL's though. hmmmm
anyone else use printroom?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I'm not sure if printroom allows direct linking. I copied and pasted the link into my browser window and saw the pic fine. When I came back to the thread, I was able to see the picture in the thread.... Very strange....

Scott

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi,

Yeah, it is weird. I usually have no probs posting pics elsewhere. I had a pic posting fetish at petbugs once using printroom.
This was taken from the Printroom.com help section:
"How do I host image files on other web sites?
To use this feature, you must be a member and have your image stored in an online album. First, Log
In and then select the image you would like us to host from your album. Note: The album has to be
Public. Next, click on the image from the album page. The image will be enlarged and you will see a URL: section with a specific http:// address. Specify this URL address on the site you would like the image displayed and it will be automatically hosted by Printroom.com!"

*My album is public.
later,
john

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, awesome pics John. Definately a good mother to stay on her back for two straight months. Is that the mother also of the ones I got.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey John,

I'm thinking the problem may be with the way the img tag is made. It may be made to only link to actual image files. If you look at your link, it's not really pointing to the picture, but pointing to a pointer that brings up the picture. I'm currently looking into this to see if there might be a workaround...

Scott

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
Hey

Hey ,
To petitegreeneyes post lol thats the way females should be. on their back for 2 months straight lol ;P ;P ;P