Terrestrials !

SFay00

Arachnopeon
Hello Arachnoboard members I'm still new to the hobbie and I'm interested in acquiring another terrestrial T! I already own a GBB and would love to hear some suggestions for my next terrestrial. I'd also love to have a T that makes plenty of webs. Thankyou !

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
green bottle blue!
EDIT: oops, just read it again... in that case, maybe check out Neoholothele incei, fast and skittish, but web alot and have mild venom.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Interesting thankyou :)
i believe Dolichothele diamantinensis are also big webbers, pretty much the same deal as the N. incei, fast, but dont have bad venom. but they are pretty much a reskinned GBB, might be a little repetitive.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Davus pentaloris. Looks a little like a Hapalopus, but in red. :) Burrows as a sling but webs a lot and is more out in the open when juvi/adult.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Hapalopus sp Columbia. Got a free pumpkin patch with the purchase of the big girl lp in my avatar. Great little eater and growing fast. Definitely makes some of the most interesting webs of any of my t's. As a bonus, they have adult coloration even as tiny slings.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Hapalopus sp Columbia. Got a free pumpkin patch with the purchase of the big girl lp in my avatar. Great little eater and growing fast. Definitely makes some of the most interesting webs of any of my t's. As a bonus, they have adult coloration even as tiny slings.
Not aimed towards you specifically, but i always wonder why they say 'it has its adult coloration as a sling'. Technically, the sling colours come first, so the right way to say it should be 'this species keeps its sling colours as an adult', right?

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
I'll second Davus pentaloris. I have two and they've been great.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Not aimed towards you specifically, but i always wonder why they say 'it has its adult coloration as a sling'. Technically, the sling colours come first, so the right way to say it should be 'this species keeps its sling colours as an adult', right?
op spider will look just like the picture a couple posts up its whole life. :rolleyes:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
i believe Dolichothele diamantinensis are also big webbers, pretty much the same deal as the N. incei, fast, but dont have bad venom. but they are pretty much a reskinned GBB, might be a little repetitive.
I love Dolichothele.. D. bolivianum are my favourite but not terrestrial. D. diamantinensis is great for webbing along with the rest of this genus. Its a beauty for sure and doesnt take up much room. :)

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Phormictopus sp. They're not too webby but great eaters. M. balfouri are awesome webbers.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Hello Arachnoboard members I'm still new to the hobbie and I'm interested in acquiring another terrestrial T! I already own a GBB and would love to hear some suggestions for my next terrestrial. I'd also love to have a T that makes plenty of webs. Thankyou !
Apparently the Trinidad Olive, Holothele incei, is a great webber.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Agreed. Any of the 'thele's web like crazy. Neoholothele incei are the easiest to accquire, and cheapest I believe.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For what you describe N. incei are the best and cheapest too. Small space requirements as well. Extremely fast and extremely vibration sensitive, excellent eaters. They are not like most Ts that take a few days to settle in or more. They take minutes typically, and you'll know because they start webbing instantly.

Or their cousin below is just like the above, but more $$, and more fragile though

My 0.1 N. fasciaaurinigra

Last edited: