Terrestrial View Setup

houston

Arachnopeon
Had my B. Vagans in a tupperware type bin, and disliked that I couldn't see her that well. Since she's terrestiral and 80% of the bin would be dirt, I didn't want to use a glass tank (5.5 gallons here cost more than 10 gallons-- what's the deal with that? o_O). The top was rather opaque, so I swapped it out with a photo frame!

(Disregard how messy my desk is atm, finals haven't left me with a lot of time to organize :dead:)
It's lifted up by pieces of cardboard (the little black squares) for ventilation. Ideally, I'll swap the red frame out for one that fits better. I'll go to the local Goodwill and take a peek to see what they have, but for now, this works.

The tub was cheap (since it's not see through), and the photo frame was maybe 2 dollars at the local thrift shop. Since she was a butt and didn't burrow along the side, visibility from the side doesn't matter-- but for aboreals and insects that have more "sky" space, I'd splurge on a glass tank.

sasker

Arachnoprince
You could also consider plexiglass/acrylic to cover the enclosure. It is very easy to cut to size by scoring it with a hobby knife on both sides and snapping pieces off. It is also easy to drill holes for ventilation. You could even hot-glue one part of the cover to the enclosure and fix the remaining part to it with hinges. It all depends on your DIY skills. For ventilation, I suggest to drill holes in the side of the enclosure. Tarantulas can climb plastic and squeeze through surprisingly small holes!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hope your vagans isn't large/strong enough to push that off. Ts can be very determined animals.