Terrestrial T grooming question

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got a Lasiodora parahybana sling today and I noticed that it has been occasionally "scratching" the underside of carapace. This my first terrestrial T so i was just wondering if this is some sort of normal grooming behavior or if it is something unusual that i should be concerned about. (I have a feeling it is the first one but i am paranoid about my new T and would rather be safe than sorry)

Katronmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Should just be preening, My G. Aureostriata does the same thing. Not sure if my others do, they're just holes with the occasional protruding leg.

darkness_falls8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it's normal, my 1.25" N. Chromatus does that once in awhile. I've also caught my L.Para doing it too.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My GBB does the most grooming of any of the T's I've got. It'll just stand there for 5+ mins scratching at its rear and underside..

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks guys! I thought it was grooming but i couldnt be sure, since my A. avic never does anything like that. (Probably because if it tried it would fall off the piece of bark it hangs out on)

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks guys! I thought it was grooming but i couldnt be sure, since my A. avic never does anything like that. (Probably because if it tried it would fall off the piece of bark it hangs out on)
Oh yes they do, ya just didnt see it yet ;)

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if your t grooms itself excessively, however, you can try looking for mites with a flashlight at night. my cyriopagopus spec. blue groomed herself constantly 'cause she had a mite problem when i got her. but as long as it's only once in a while, it's just normal grooming.