Terrestrial T climbing

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If a terrestrial T suddenlig starts climbing on the sides of it's enclosiure after I have changed it's substrate, is that then a clear sign of it not liking it??? Sorry for the misspelling

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I find that with my terrestrials especially my rose hair... that when I changed her into her new tank with new substrate she sat on top of her log for a couple days until i dried out completely and she started to web it all up. I think that T's just dont like walking on fresh substrate so as soon as it gets used to it, it should be fine. If it keeps doing it for about a week then yes maybe it is time for a substrate change. What type of T is it and what type of substrate? Hope this helps

TheDon

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's an l.parahybana and the substrate is I think the word in english is spaghnom. I changed to same substrate with my other l.parahybana and it stays on the ground. But maybe it just have to get used to it like you said

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
could simply be a male on the quest for a female
or jus the getting used to the substrate either or

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think I'll go with the either getting used to the substrate og disliking it cus it's not old enough to be looking for females if it's a male :)

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
imagine you are sitting in your livingroom, minding your own business. suddenly, this massive, blurry thing lifts you out of your livingroom, places you in this small container that is cold, then plops you back into your livingroom. everything is different--and your carpet is really wet.

what would you do?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I'd stand in some sort of impressive threat display for several hours without moving a muscle. My H.lividum and I have a lot in common.

Cheers,
Dave