Terrestrial Setups

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A sling vial (not quite so professional looking as Tony's, but the same idea - plastic canvas and hotglue are your friends):

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
And for the el cheapo minimalist in all of you, my P. nigricolor's salsa jar home (which is well burrowed although it's nigh impossible to see with this pic):

Attachments

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
CM,
For your spiderling vials, I like your venting at the top. What did you use? and where did you get it. I have just puched holes and use some cotton fabric underneath, but I would prefer something more similar to yours.
Ralph

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by rknralf
CM,
For your spiderling vials, I like your venting at the top. What did you use? and where did you get it. I have just puched holes and use some cotton fabric underneath, but I would prefer something more similar to yours.
Ralph
It's plastic canvas sold for needlepoint and other crafts. You get it at, not surprisingly, craft stores like Michael's. It costs about $0.75 for a 8"x11" sheet of the stuff and comes in a variety of mesh sizes. You can cut and trim it all you want with ordinary scissors.

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
spider sticker

Bryan,
That warning sign/sticker you got from ebay is awesome! i'd kinda like to grab one myself. anywhere else where you can get one?
The Rookie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for posting so many good pictures! I will defniately invorperate many ideas i have seen into my future tarantula setups. Keep posting!

Mark

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Re: spider sticker

Originally posted by Rookie
Bryan,
That warning sign/sticker you got from ebay is awesome! i'd kinda like to grab one myself. anywhere else where you can get one?
The Rookie
The only place I've seen those is Ebay. I snatched up seven as soon as I saw them.

-Bryan

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is my Rosy Hair in its oyster shell hide which she tunneled down.

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nylon Mesh for venting

As for the nylon mesh for venting a jar or container, you can get a roll of it at a paint store. It is used for spackaling and is about 3" wide.

Blessings, Al

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: spider sticker

Originally posted by Rookie
Bryan,
The Rookie
I bought five of those small tarantula warning decals on ebay also. I was dissapointed in the small size of them. E. Anne from the ATS forums has redesigned them slightly and they come in a variety of sizes. I think Darrin from golden pheonix and even the ATS site might have them for sale. the ones I have are about 5x8"
Ed

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I actually try to keep my setup interesting by having live plants in there with the substrates as mixtures of dirt and peat moss. The kind of plants I have can survive in any kind of enviroment, as long as I water them. Unfortunately, I'm a poor student who can't afford a camera for now.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is my fanciest setup. The story behind all the broken pieces? Failed attempt at cutting a pot in half. After failing with a hack saw, I resorted to using a hammer.

I had it set up as a dual burrow type deal, but the only thing that ever used it were crickets. They'd run in and sit there until they died.

Attachments

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here is my setup for my G. rosea...nothing fancy at all...just pure vermiculite and a buried (not broken) flower pot...it is a 10 gallon aquarium...

Attachments

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Let's see. Here's a few of my setups.....

2 1/2 gallon tank and Small Pet Pals

Mini Pet Pal and Terrestrial Arachnohome

Arboreal Arachnohome

Hope that helps you some.

Scott

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Scott,

What's in the top pet-pal on the right of the first picture? That's some nice webbing -- I like webbing.

Cheers,
Dave

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
SHD ...

Hi SHD,

It is a C. Marshalli (Straight Horned Baboon)

Debby