Terrestrial/Arboreal Boundary

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Hey everyone. I just got an A. Metallica, 5 inch (only 80 bucks, Kenthebugguy ROCKS!!!), but we can't get the proper arboreal enclosure for it that we ordered until Friday. Would it be able to manage for 2 days in a terrestrial enclosure until it gets the proper home? No, there is no way I would be able to tilt the enclosure and keep it up. Also, what should I put in its temporary enclosure?

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey everyone. I just got an A. Metallica, 5 inch (only 80 bucks, Kenthebugguy ROCKS!!!), but we can't get the proper arboreal enclosure for it that we ordered until Friday. Would it be able to manage for 2 days in a terrestrial enclosure until it gets the proper home? No, there is no way I would be able to tilt the enclosure and keep it up. Also, what should I put in its temporary enclosure?
Sure a few days or even weeks won't hurt it any and it will adapt.

Many an Avic have spent ages in not so proper enclosures and they make due in LPS around the world so again while optimal I'm sure it won't care much.

I had an A. avicularia in a 2.5g long while waiting on something better for an enclosure and was there for a few months while I get situated. She promptly made her own style of webbing near the top of what was given to her and now comfortably resides in a proper enclosure with more climbing space and is none the wiser.

As for adornments for a temp enclosure I wouldn't worry about it either. It's probably still adjusting from the shipment anyway to really worry about making some grand home so anything you could add would just be icing at this point. Make sure to get the new enclosure setup to how you prefer and transfer it once ready. Let it then settle into it's new enclosure and enjoy.

Cheers,

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol, I bought my A. metallicas for 40 apiece, and they're both about 5".

Sounds like you got taken for a ride, maybe.

Either way, yes, it should do just fine for a while.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
It's a market of scams. Baby bearded dragons, maybe 1 1/2" maximum, are being sold for $60. And they're the displayed hits! People've got enough money here to use as firewood and it's wasted that quickly too, so I have to deal with online or local pickup. Although, this A. Metallica is a beauty. Definitely one of the prettiest I've EVER seen.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's a market of scams. Baby bearded dragons, maybe 1 1/2" maximum, are being sold for $60. And they're the displayed hits! People've got money here, so I have to deal with online or local pickup.
You should check out what I have for sale, I'd cut you a decent deal. <3

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
You could even give it the illusion that it IS and arboreal T by putting no Sub in it (assuming you havent already put it in the cage)

I've seen people housing their t's in vertical glass cages with nothing but a waterdish....I may try this, it's Makes it look like a Gigantic house spyder.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
I also got a 5" A. metalica from a lps for $45.00,and thought I was being taken for a ride but that included the kritter keeper they had it in so it worked out.$80.00 plus shipping ouch! At least he threw in a freebie right?

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
I also got a 5" A. metalica from a lps for $45.00,and thought I was being taken for a ride but that included the kritter keeper they had it in so it worked out.$80.00 plus shipping ouch! At least he threw in a freebie right?

Freebies Make My order.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
No freebie. Nothin'.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Was it at least confirmed female? If not take this as a learning experience,you can find really great deals if your patient.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No disrespect for Ken, I have and will buy from him, but you can save a lot of money if you shop around a bit. Watch the classifieds. Paricularly folks selling off collections. Or go to an expo, you can find incredible deals that way. I do understand, it's hard to have that kind of patience once you've decided what you want :)

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a suspicion the LPS sold an A.avic labelled as an A.metallica. Mislabelling is problematic at many LPS, and Avic's are mislabelled all the time anyway.